• Yet another Linux game is here

@CadenMitchell said in Yet another Linux game is here:

Did you make the game in Blender? I know that Blender uses Python so that’s why I thought that.

Hi!
    No, just Python and the Pygame platform. This is a 2D game, and I wrote all the engine from scratch. I must admit I know hardly anything about Blender: years ago I drew a pear, following some guide. :) I keep promissing myself to give it another try one day.

• In case someone decided to play one day: I’ve just added the config file in /home/user/.one-more-cheese/config.ini. On a single machine (Windows) the screen height must have been reported improperly. In result - the game window was partially invisible. I have no idea if the bug is Windows- or hardware-related, but from now on the player can change the window size, together with its initial placement:

0_1515183172150_Zrzut ekranu z 2018-01-05 21-00-53.png

The one-more-cheese package numbered 0.1.2-1 already available in AUR.

• Great! I’ll copy the pkgbuilds over (if that’s fine with you of course) and run makepkg to compile it for my repo.

Thank you.

• @Keegan said in Yet another Linux game is here:

Thank you.

Any time! I think the basic development is finished: no idea on what I could improve, except for bug fixes, if any. So you can distribute this version safely.

In the meantime a friend of mine, and the author of the game graphics, insists on coding an Android version. Hate telling this, but I’ll have to get back to Java. :D

• Speaking of coding languages, I’m curently teaching myself Python over at www.codeacademy.com as your projects have really interested me. However, I would of course like to also learn how to make a GUI application with Python, something I don’t think www.codeacademy.com teaches. Is there anything you can recommend to me?

Thanks😀.

Is there anything you can recommend to me?

Actually I’ve only touched some Pygame, nothing else, and it has hardly any GUI. Each menu or dialog I had to code from scratch. I know nothing about other platforms, but it’ll probably be my next step in Python. Maybe PyGTK, who knows?

However, if you’d like to take a look at my code, PM me your Bitbucket account or email address, and I’ll send you the invitation. I keep the repo private at least until the Android version is ready.

• Thank you so much @piotr :). I’ll start looking into it myself then…

• @Keegan @fernandomaroto

I think the basic development is finished: no idea on what I could improve (…)

Sorry, I lied. ;) I had to fix one more issue. Hopefully the current version (0.1.3-1 just published) will not need changes soon.

• Great! It’s always fun and rewarding to get something fixed in a project…

It’s always fun and rewarding to get something fixed in a project…

Well, the Windows build still sucks: it occasionally reports a missing .dll, though it’s still on its place. But all the system sucks, as we know well, and I’m not going to waste time any longer. :)

• I like that approach :). I feel you will probably receive more support from the Linux community on your project anyways, than you ever would from Windows.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope to continue seeing you around!
    -Keegan

and hope to continue seeing you around!

Where could I go to? I’ve used Linuxes for 15 years or so. :)

Anyway, the Windows package finally seems to start well, even if the system displays crappy warnings.

0_1515247360404_micewin.jpg

So it’s time to use the screwdriver, and replace the hdd in the netbook with ssd. I promised to test something on this machine. :)

• @piotr said in Yet another Linux game is here:

Where could I go to? I’ve used Linuxes for 15 years or so

hehehe… I guess I was referring more to myself. I am just having trouble getting on this forum due to being wrapped up in my own project. It’s my fault really, I just have to try to remember to check in here more often.

Thanks!

in my own project

If it comes to testing your project: I see you published another iso. It will have to wait till 1 am, as it turns out my daughter, during holiday, exhausted almost all my daily LTE limit. I can only download larger amounts of data in the night. :/

• Thank you for trying it out though😀. Your support in any way is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Thank you for trying it out though.

I regret to say, that I failed installing the 2018.01.03 iso. Sorry for posting this here, but I’m not sure where I should report issues. Also, I wanted to upload a picture, but I keep seeing the error popup.

• Thank you so much for sticking with it though @piotr😀. Any issues you have are welcomed here at the official Reborn OS forum: https://rebornos.freeforums.net

Thanks again!

Thanks again!

Any time! The screenshot posted.

• Fabulous! Thanks again @piotr .

• Just in case someone liked playing on the phone: the Android version almost ready. Soon on Google Play.

0_1517097820383_4050418013540292352.jpg

Posts 71Views 4212
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.