• Yet another Linux game is here

Hi! I’d like you to know, that my efforts to finally learn some Python resulted in quite a funny game. If you have no better idea on how to spend the rest of 2017, you can install the one-more-cheese package from AUR (just search “one-more-cheese” in Pamac).

0_1514595296537_screen00.png

Check the website to learn more.

See the gameplay on YouTube

Do not forget to log in (top left button -> menu -> Player log in) to store your results on the Top Players list. Enjoy!

And, yes: please let me know if it installs and works well for you. Thanks!

• Amazing :). Going to add it to my Reborn-Repo (here on SourceForge) as soon as I fix my messed up system😄. (I may have been experimenting a bit too energetically again…)

• @Keegan Thanks! I do hope someone in the world will like it. And I’ll be proud having it added to repos of each possible Linux.

I’m testing Reborn at the office, on VM, and it works very well. Unfortunately I failed installing it on my Lenovo netbook: it installed, but wouldn’t boot.

• @Keegan said in Yet another Linux game is here:

I may have been experimenting a bit too energetically again

That’s the only way to make a better system, don’t give up!

I also would like to add to my repo if you want/authorize me to. I just don’t know if i’ll add to the live iso since i’m trying to shrink the iso size.

• @fernandomaroto said in Yet another Linux game is here:

I also would like to add to my repo if you want/authorize me to.

As I specified in the license:

This game is free software, and can be installed, played and redistributed on any Linux powered system free of charge.

And I’ll be especially happy to share it with my friends from Antergos forum. So feel free to add it anywhere you want. :)

• Nice work, how did you learn this. What do you use as reference / guide towards your goal.

• @izznogooood Well, I was just slightly bored of Java in general, and of Android specifically. So about 2 months ago I started learning Python, which I found the most instructive language I’ve seen so far. There’re plenty of good manuals on the web. I started from this one, and it’s highly recommendable, if you want to learn some Python basics, together with Pygame.

• Thanks, not so much games as automation. Bash has its limits ;). Thanks.

• @izznogooood said in Yet another Linux game is here:

not so much games as automation. Bash has its limits

I believe that, having some Python background, one can find a framework to do anything they want. What I’m doing is just for fun. Thank God we have @karasu and the rest of the team to deal with really important tasks.

• @piotr said in Yet another Linux game is here:

I believe that, having some Python background, one can find a framework to do anything they want. What I’m doing is just for fun. Thank God we have @karasu and the rest of the team to deal with really important tasks.

Yes, I’ve used linux for 15 years now but I had yet to pick up a programming language. I consider myself lucky as I work as a sysadmin, and automation is a hobby, this works well together.

I’ve finished books like “How to automate the boring stuff with python” but never gone further. But I do share youre opinion about python. But in two months, I take my hat of Sir! Great job!

• @izznogooood said in Yet another Linux game is here:

But in two months

Hehe, thank you really much. And I must admit I’m kinda proud of myself, being still able to learn in my 50’s. Hope it’s gonna turn out Alzheimer’s prophylaxis one day. ;)

• Haha! Lets hope not!

I’m in my mid 30’s with small children so i guess Ill have to wait until I have time to spare, other than keeping up with the community, bug reports etc.

(No pun intended, but everyone with children younger than 10 knows this)

Thanks anyway, in your 50’s, thats quite inspirational! Just goes to show the diversity of the “open source” community! Again, great work.

• @izznogooood I remember the “How old are you” poll on Manjaro forum: 2% of teenagers, 18% over 60. The oldest member admitted to have turned 83. It was published on my 51th birthday and made my day.

If it comes to the children: I know exactly what you mean. Do not loose hope. My younger daughter turned 18 yesterday. ;)

• @piotr said in Yet another Linux game is here:

@Keegan Thanks! I do hope someone in the world will like it. And I’ll be proud having it added to repos of each possible Linux.

I’m testing Reborn at the office, on VM, and it works very well. Unfortunately I failed installing it on my Lenovo netbook: it installed, but wouldn’t boot.

Sorry for not replying for so long, I’ve been rather busy with Reborn OS. But due to this, I have (I think) fixed your little booting issue :). It appears it was due to Lightdm, as other Reborn forum members were also experiencing this. Now, with the latest release, Reborn uses it’s own SDDM theme! I’ve tested it thoroughly and so far it seems to be completely bug free - with all DEs. If you are willing to give it another try, you can download it here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/antergos-deepin/

Thanks!

If you are willing to give it another try

My netbook is currently busy with something horrible: I’m trying to my pack my mice game into Windows executable + installer. A nightmare. :/ I’ll give another try to Reborn as soon as it’s finished, or when Windows upsets me enough. Thanks for letting me know it’s ready.

• That is terrible! I feel bad for you already…

• Best wishes though! Hopefully you are successful and can once again leave Windows behind, as much as possible.

Best wishes though! Hopefully you are successful and can once again leave Windows behind, as much as possible.

I must admit it was Pain In The A^^ :)

0_1514891202582_cheese_win01.jpg

• By the way: If someone has a tendency to masochism and would like to check the Windows installer, it can be downloaded here: nwg.pl/mice/download/One_more_cheese_0.1.0.exe

• @piotr Did you make the game in Blender? I know that Blender uses Python so that’s why I thought that. I used Blender to make my game too!

Posts 71Views 4203
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.