• \[SOLVED\] mounting external SMB folder

I try to manually mount a SMB folder on my mediaplayer.
    Stepes I took (taken from the arch wiki):

mkdir /tmp/A300  
    sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.178.27/share /tmp/A300/ -o user=nmt,password=\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*,workgroup=WORKGROUP,ip=192.168.178.27  

I get the error “permission denied” and I’m in the blue on wich side this error occurs, on my side or on the remote share side. Username and Password are good thats one thing I know for sure

Anyone?

Antergos: funny name, serious distro

• I try to manually mount a SMB folder on my mediaplayer.
    Stepes I took (taken from the arch wiki):

mkdir /tmp/A300  
    sudo mount -t cifs //192.168.178.27/share /tmp/A300/ -o user=nmt,password=\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*,workgroup=WORKGROUP,ip=192.168.178.27  

I get the error “permission denied” and I’m in the blue on wich side this error occurs, on my side or on the remote share side. Username and Password are good thats one thing I know for sure

Anyone?

• Is requiring username and password something you require for your setup? I personally don’t because no one uses my network besides me. I originally tried setting everything up with user authentication and password but ran into problems like the one you are having. I ultimately just decided I to go without it and everything just worked. Though it doesnt really solve your problem, it’s something to consider!

• @“lots.0.logs”:u020uqi4 said:

Is requiring username and password something you require for your setup? I personally don’t because no one uses my network besides me. I originally tried setting everything up with user authentication and password but ran into problems like the one you are having. I ultimately just decided I to go without it and everything just worked. Though it doesnt really solve your problem, it’s something to consider!

That’s an idea. I’m not sure if it is possible to set a blank username and password on the a300 but it is worth to try that out.

Posts 4Views 988