• Another kernel on installation

Hi, everyone!

I’m trying to install Antergos on my notebook, an Asus with Intel Baytrail chipset. I know that kernel 4.9 or LTS releases works fine, since Manjaro (my installed distro) and other distros works fine with those versions. But the newest LiveCD of Antergos won’t boot, and I thought that it would be because of kernel version, for the arch ISO of 2017-03 boots, having kernel 4.9, and the newest won’t boot either. So I want to know if there’s an old release of antergos with that kernel, or if I can remaster the liveCD with it.

(Sorry for my english! ;))

• @erikfk
    Hi!
    One way i can think of installing is:

Boot the old livecd that works for you:
    after install check if your partition is still mounted, if not mount them according to these tutorials

EFI
    https://antergos.com/wiki/miscellaneous/how-to-fix-grub-with-efi-boot/

Legacy BIOS
    https://antergos.com/wiki/miscellaneous/how-to-fix-grub-with-bios-boot/

Download the kernel (use chromum browser, simply copy and paste the link) https://archive.archlinux.org/packages/l/linux/linux-4.9-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz

move the kernel to mounted partition
    sudo mv /home/$USER/Downloads/*.pkg.tar.xz /mnt

chroot
    sudo arch-chroot /mnt

install
    pacman -U /*.pkg.tar.xz

*i guess it should work, then you can reboot your system.

Another way, without chrroting:

pacman -U -r /home/$USER/Downloads/*.pkg.tar.xz /mnt

• @fernandomaroto said in Another kernel on installation:

move the kernel to mounted partition
    sudo mv /home/$USER/Downloads/.pkg.tar.xz /mnt
    chroot
    sudo arch-chroot /mnt
    pacman -U /mnt/
    .pkg.tar.xz

If you are inside chroot this is the wrong path ;=) /mnt outside chroot is / inside chroot…
    pacman -U /*.pkg.tar.xz will do the installing inside chroot

• @joekamprad said in Another kernel on installation:

If you are inside chroot this is the wrong path ;=) /mnt outside chroot is / inside chroot

yes, i just edited, thanks for the correction and sorry for the error.
    Maybe cnchi could display an option to pick a specific kernel version, including at booting the iso.

• @fernandomaroto

Thanks for the reply! But where can I find an old LiveCD iso for Antergos?

• @erikfk said in Another kernel on installation:

@fernandomaroto

Thanks for the reply! But where can I find an old LiveCD iso for Antergos?

I understood by your first post that you had an old iso already heheheh.
    I have old isos here, but would take a lot of time to upload.

You can check for downloads here http://linuxtracker.org/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=495d5fcfde7800603e8e6a50705285ac7c2d4645

*Unfortunately we can’t compare the checksum from the original iso since Antergos doesn’t keep old isos/checksum at their site.

• @fernandomaroto

Thanks for the linux tracker site! I had downloaded version 17.03 mini and before some tricks the installation was successful! Here what I’ve done, to help others with the same problem:

1. Open terminal and type sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf
    2. At the end of file, change SigLevel of all repos to Never, removing dash when needed
    3. Run sudo pacman -S cnchi to update the installer
    4. Search google for Choose your mirrors before installing Antergos, and open the antergos wiki, doing the commands to update mirrors (tried to put the link here, but it’s marked as spam)
    5. Open the installer with sudo -E cnchi -dv
    6. Follow the steps of installer until the end, choosing not to update mirrors when asked, and to install LTS Kernel
    7. Be happy with your new great installed system, as I am!!

Don’t forget to remove the last kernel with sudo pacman -Rnc linux and update grub with grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg. I had to do this because the latest kernel can’t run on my machine with systemd, and I don’t know why yet, since with other init it runs. But that’s ok.

Problema solved!! Thank you all! :D

• @erikfk said in Another kernel on installation:

Problema solved!! Thank you all!

I’m happy for you friend!

Posts 8Views 947
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.