• Deepl, a new translation tool really worth a try

Our forum makes use of many languages. So this tip could be useful to some of us:

There is a new sheriff in town as far as translation is concerned. I have no share in it but my advice is just to try it. It can be used for seven European languages. There is a strong possibility that you may be pleasantly surprised:

https://www.deepl.com/translator

• @roger64 Very true. I’ve used it for several months at more difficult translations. Seems to be more human-like than Google and their AI.

• Thank you for the tip, didn’t know about that one.

• i have been using it for a long time and the translations are much better than those of goolge or microsoft.

it’s really worth a try!

• Ooo… Thank you for sharing this with us @roger64 😀. I had never heard of DeepL until now…

• instantly bookmarked!!!

• I agree wholeheartedly with Roger. I have tested DeepL on a difficult philosophical article and on the text of a children’s book. (E->F in both cases). I find DeepL absolutely tremendous. It doesn’t think, of course, but that’s not really the point. Its output is way superior to Google’s or Bing’s and even to the translation of the published children’s book.
    I am a professional translator (retired from the UN after a little over a quarter-century in the salt mines :).

• @roger-mckeon Actually as much human-like as possible. :)

• Agreed! Deepl is totally AMAZING :) . I actually use it almost every day (for forums and conversing with those speaking another language. And so far, I haven’t asked for anyone’s head with it - like I did to Velkerk one time with Google Translate😀.)

• @roger64 said in Deepl, a new translation tool really worth a try:

There is a strong possibility that you may be pleasantly surprised:

Totally agreed!!!

By Deepl
    Existe una gran posibilidad de que se sorprenda gratamente: 🗹🗹🗹
    By Google
    Existe una gran posibilidad de que pueda estar gratamente sorprendido: s*hole :)

tool8 translation4 worth2 deepl1 Posts 10Views 985
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.