• installing antergos with ubuntu and windows installed?

So i am a new begginer for this rolling release stuff and i can’t properly install antergos, and i followed the installation process with windows installed.

For some reason, i can’t install antergos and i don’t know why.

-i have deleted the ext4 ubuntu partition with the antergos one as root (/)
    -made a swap of 9G (that ubuntu had before)
    -i let windows with the booter job(/boot/efi)
    -unlike the tutorial, i have an strange partition that is ntfs type an i don’t know if i should erase it. The weird part is that it has around 600 G while my hardrive is 1 tb (windows is aroud 600 and ubuntu 380 or something. ) this may be explained because i had to partition my disk before when i wanted to install windows(and i was only following the tutorial blindingly).
    sadly i forgot to write the error type while in the installation. i am on windows right now, i may add it in an edit.

EDIT: apparently, it is an KDE issue, since i am installing it right now with Deepin. If you ask for me, i am little sad since kde is the ultimate desktop experience.

• Hi and welcome!
    @juasjuasie said

-unlike the tutorial,

Can you be more specific as to what tutorial you re talking about?

@juasjuasie said

i have an strange partition that is ntfs type an i don’t know if i should erase it. The weird part is that it has around 600 G while my hardrive is 1 tb (windows is aroud 600 and ubuntu 380 or something. )

The 600 G NTFS partition is obviously your Windows partition, so, don t touch it.
    Please provide us with more info as to what went wrong.
    Cheers

1.Antergos Linux KDE plasma / Gnome 2.Ubuntu 18.04 64bit Gnome
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU P8400 2.26GHz‖ RAM 3908 MiB ‖ Dell Inc. 0F328M - Dell Inc. Latitude E6500
    Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics [8086:2a42] {i915

• @anarch
    oh the tutorial "i need help with an antergos/windows setup"
    ok, so i have recreated the problem and the error is “i cannot crate download package list(metalinks)” 187668

• @anarch i don’t know if the previous message reached you, but i am a little nervous now and i don’t know what to do

• @juasjuasie

I have just done a fresh install using this method and it worked (no errors and fast install)

Boot up from USB and in the terminal type;

sudo pacman -S pacman-mirrorlist antergos-mirrorlist

sudo reflector -l 30 -f 15 --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

sudo cnchi -dv

Do not close terminal window.

Further on during the install select “Leave the mirrors lists as they are (by default)"

• @HawkTheSlayer i have done the installation with deepin, however, if i want to install kde in the future, should do that in the terminal?

Posts 6Views 406
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.