• KDE full?

Is KDE the full version that is installed in Antergos?

• Is KDE the full version that is installed in Antergos?

• All of the required KDE components are included but the package selection is a minimal one (same as all our desktops)

Cheers!

• @“lots.0.logs”:28ok7co6 said:

All of the required KDE components are included but the package selection is a minimal one (same as all our desktops)

Cheers![/quote:28ok7co6]

If I want the rest of kde? How do I do that?

• sudo pacman -S kde  

• @“MichaelTiebesl”:qlj9c2mr said:

sudo pacman -S kde  
    > 

I dd that but it will not install, so I put --force after kde and now I have the full KDE

Thanks

• Hello Antergos users,

When I try to use the following command: “sudo pacman -S kde” I get the following result:

error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)  
    kde-wallpapers: /usr/share/wallpapers/Elarun/contents/images/2560x1600.png exists in filesystem  
    kdepim-kjots: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/stickynote.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-bubblemon: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/bubblemon/bubble.svg exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-eyes: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/eyes.svg exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-fifteenpuzzle: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/fifteenPuzzle/blanksquare.svg exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-icontasks: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icontasks/badge.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-icontasks: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icontasks/dropindicators.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-icontasks: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icontasks/indicators.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-icontasks: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icontasks/launcherseparator.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-icontasks: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icontasks/progress.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-luna: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/luna.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-microblog: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/microblog.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-news: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/stylesheets/news.css exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-notes: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/notes.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-rssnow: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/rssnow/arrows.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-rssnow: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/rssnow/background.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-rssnow: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/rssnow/rssnow.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-timer: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/widgets/timer.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-weather: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/weather/wind-arrows.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-weatherstation: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/weatherstation/lcd2.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-weatherstation: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/weatherstation/lcd\_digits.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-weatherstation: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/weatherstation/lcd\_panel.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-weatherstation: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/weatherstation/weather\_icons.svgz exists in filesystem  
    kdeplasma-addons-applets-weatherstation: /usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/weatherstation/wind\_arrows.svgz exists in filesystem  
    Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.  

Does this have anything to do with the libxcursur bug? I would like to have a better idea of what the issue is before I try the --force syntax. What impact does the --force option do, exactly? Why is it needed?

Thank you,

falcon40

• No the error is because pacman found some files that belong to packages that it did not install. The --force option tells pacman to overwrite files with the newer versions. In your particular case, it is safe to use the --force option to solve this error.

Cheers!

• lots.0.logs,

Thank you for this response. This response has not only helped me know what a particular option does but has also helped me know why or when it could/should be used. Because of amandus, MichaelTiebesl and you, I now have a better understanding of what was happening and what to do about it… Thank you to all.

falcon40

• You’re Welcome

Posts 10Views 1326