• Installing LXDE with Gnome...

Hi everyone! I’m trying to install LXDE alongside Gnome. First off, is it safe? Second, which package do I use? Any help is appreciated! ;)

• It should be pretty safe, as far as I know. As to what packages touse I don’t know how much I can help you there other than to point you to Cnchi’s packages.xml file which lists all the packages it installs upon selecting a DE. This should provide you with an Antergorized system😀. Just scroll down the the section labelled "openbox"and install the listed packages below!

Hope this helps, and good luck🙂.

• @CadenMitchell You already have GNOME installed and running and want to add LXDE? I can find you the meta package that should pull in everything for LXDE. I haven’t tried that particular combo, but I have tested many dual DE setups and most of them work fine.

• @Keegan I don’t really want OpenBox though. I was just wanting LXDE.

• For some reason, there’s no LXDE-desktop package. Also, I’ve seen people installing LXDE on Arch but they just type sudo pacman -S lxde. That’s not a visible package to me.

• Hi

pacman -S lxde

This will install everything you need to use it. You then can choose lxde from gdm log in screen.

• I do see it in the official Arch repos. Checking Antergos…

• It should be there. Just choose All

alt text

• And it seems to work fine.

alt text

• @pseudonym said in Installing LXDE with Gnome...:

pacman -S lxde

It’s not a package apparently:

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo pacman -S lxde
    [sudo] password for caden:
    :: There are 17 members in group lxde:
    :: Repository community

1. gpicview 2) lxappearance 3) lxappearance-obconf 4) lxde-common
    2. lxde-icon-theme 6) lxdm 7) lxhotkey 8) lxinput 9) lxlauncher
    3. lxmusic 11) lxpanel 12) lxrandr 13) lxsession 14) lxtask
    4. lxterminal 16) openbox 17) pcmanfm

Enter a selection (default=all):

• @Palanthis Oh. I just have to install all? Okay!

• Yay! It worked!

• Awesome!!! Glad to hear it! XD

gnome329 installing114 lxde8 Posts 13Views 1323
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.