• Install Antergos over 3 hard drives

I have two 120G and one 240G SSD. How can I install Antergos using all 3 SSDs? I have installed Ubuntu and Fedora in the past, and they are able to format and install using all 3 drives by default. I am a little out of my element with the Antergos install.

Thanks

• Partition three disks as you wish - for example, with GParted Live - before starting Antergos installation.

Then start the installation and choose Advanced installation method. It allows to select and use any partition, on any disk, assign them any mount points you desire. You may use default mount points or add and use your own.

• @jm2017 It depends on how you want to lay them out. You could put / on one 120G, /var and /tmp on the other 120GB and /home on the 240G, My main desktop is spread out across 2 SSDs, 250G for / and a 1tb for /home. You just have to specify the mount points in the advanced partitioning screen. I can make you a screen shot of a given configuration if you would like to follow that. :) I’ve also ditched a swap partition (since that box has 32G of RAM) and just make a 1G swapfile on my main drive.

• @Palanthis I would love a screenshot if you can grab one.

• @jm2017 Something like this. You can play with the exact sizes, but this is the gist. Also, I did this on a legacy VM. If your PC is using UEFI, just change your /boot partition’s mount point to /boot/efi. Also, make sure the SSD checkboxes are selected. That adds the ssd option in fstab so that they run the correct routines and don’t get thrashed.

alt text

• @Palanthis I wasnt able to check SSD when setting everything up. Am I missing something?

Also how does this look? 0_1512755863571_Screenshot from 2017-12-08 17-54-17.png

• @Palanthis Nevermind about the SSD thing, its just the checkbox in the last column. Im an idiot.

• Sorry, been away for a bit. Not sure about having /boot on sdb, but having the GRUB dropdown list set to sda. Let me test that.

• Running the test now with the below settings. In your image, two things.

1. Make sure to go into each of those and set the mount point. It’s a dropdown list, but you can also type into it, which you will need to for /var and /tmp.

2. Change your boot partition’s mount point to /boot/efi.

alt text

Update: Test worked fine. Just update those mount points and you should be good to go. XD

• @Palanthis Thanks for all the help. I’m successfully up and running!

• AWESOME!!! Way to go! I am always more than happy to help. XD

drives5 Posts 11Views 185