• Gnome 3 buggy in Antergos

Hi y’all!

So, I’ve been using Fedora for a while and wanted to explore the world of Arch. Installed Antergos, but Gnome is so buggy!

Icons stay in the dock even after app is closed (not added to favourites)

When trying to choose different numix Icons in tweaks/settings it defaults to the ‘standard’ gnome (adwaita?) icons

All icons from shut down meny disappears, so I have to shutdown/restart from terminal

I must add that I tinkered a little with Dash to dock, but nothing out of the ordinary. The only extra gnome tweak I’ve added, is the one making the dock transparent. Disablet it, but still no cigar.

This has never happened in Fedora, any solutions?

Thanks!

• @aiphoenix said in Gnome 3 buggy in Antergos:

gnome tweak I’ve added, is the one making the dock transparent.

do you remove this or only disable it?
    dash to dock has build in transparency…

may try to do so, and reinstall dash-to-dock also

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I meant the top panel transparency, sorry. It seems that going into the gnome extension website and disable everything that came preinstalled did the trick. Then I could only reinstall the ones I needed. Will test a little more. :)

• yea i like it this way too, as i use some extensions from the browser install, i change to go with all extensions from there, and use extensions update notification to get informed about updates:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1166/extension-update-notifier/

my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• The not refreshing icons issue in Dash to Dock appeared recently. Not the first bug in this extension, and surely not the last one. And I think it’s not Arch-specific. We’ll have to wait for it to be fixed.

Could you please check out my game?

• i never had have this issue… do you run wayland session?

my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in Gnome 3 buggy in Antergos:

do you run wayland session?

Currently I do, but last night I was working with X, and it looked the same.

• would be nice to get some logs but i am not sure from what ;)

may:
    journalctl | grep dash-to-dock

my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in Gnome 3 buggy in Antergos:

journalctl | grep dash-to-dock

Well, I’m not sure if it’s going to help much, but here you are:

gru 10 12:12:25 asuspro gnome-shell[978]: JS WARNING: [/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/utils.js 34]: reference to undefined property Symbol.toPrimitive
    gru 10 12:13:17 asuspro gnome-shell[978]: Extension "[email protected]" had error: downloading info: 2
    gru 10 12:13:53 asuspro gnome-shell[2572]: JS WARNING: [/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/utils.js 34]: reference to undefined property Symbol.toPrimitive
                                               MyDash<[email protected]/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/dash.js:838:17
                                               MyDash<[email protected]/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/dash.js:838:17
                                               ThemeManager<[email protected]/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/theming.js:195:9
    gru 10 12:25:14 asuspro gnome-shell[978]: JS WARNING: [/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/utils.js 34]: reference to undefined property Symbol.toPrimitive
    gru 10 15:11:55 asuspro gnome-shell[1017]: JS WARNING: [/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/utils.js 34]: reference to undefined property Symbol.toPrimitive
    gru 10 18:51:51 asuspro gnome-shell[971]: JS WARNING: [/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/[email protected]/utils.js 34]: reference to undefined property Symbol.toPrimitive

• To be more specific: on my device the icon representing just opened app appears in dock after delay of 20 second. It also vanishes 20 seconds after I close the app. Temporarily I installed the Taskbar extension to replace broken Dash to Dock features.

• Ok, here is how i did it. I did a clean Antergos install, updated all gnome extensions via website, and enabled the ones i needed one by one.

That did the trick for me, and I have no more issues (expet that the numix round icons are not working, but I can live with that).

On the other hand; set up Antergos completely now, and I love it. Aur! <3

• @aiphoenix said in Gnome 3 buggy in Antergos:

I did a clean Antergos install

I’d have to be really desperate to install Antergos from scratch on this machine: all my current work, and archives are stored here. :/

The good news is: Numix Circle icons work perfectly for me. :)

0_1513039331697_Zrzut ekranu z 2017-12-12 01-38-45.png

• @piotr Thankfully I had just started tinkering with Antergos. It’s going to be my daily driver now on my home PC (have a win 10 partition for games and HBO Nordic tho).

buggy1 gnome250 Posts 13Views 311