• Weird problem with Internet connection

Hello All!

having a weird thing with the internet connection…
    (both WiFi and Ethernet)

having no problem with the connection at all.
    just, after a while - random period of time - the indicator still shows “connected” but the connection is actually lost.
    so I need to “reset” the connection (turn it off/on).

using Gnome and the latest Antergos stable installation.

any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

• Hello All!

having a weird thing with the internet connection…
    (both WiFi and Ethernet)

having no problem with the connection at all.
    just, after a while - random period of time - the indicator still shows “connected” but the connection is actually lost.
    so I need to “reset” the connection (turn it off/on).

using Gnome and the latest Antergos stable installation.

any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

• Hi. Can you open up a Terminal window and

ping google.com

can you also do

ip link

Look to see what is the name of your interface with that last command. Actually, output both commands in your next post.

Download " antergos-wallpapers-extra " and enjoy community sponsored wallpapers.

Use the "Linux Beginner Search Engine"

https://cse.google.com/cse/home?cx=017607476515012185699:b_owgx6xyi0

• @“Modisc”:3llxwq7i said:

Hi. Can you open up a Terminal window and

ping google.com

can you also do

ip link

Look to see what is the name of your interface with that last command. Actually, output both commands in your next post.[/quote:3llxwq7i]

when im connected i can ping - but when is disconnected no (make sense)…

ijust dont know why it just disconnects

• plz - someone?!

• Hello sagidayan,

I am a new user to Antergos and do not have an answer to your question or solution to your issue. I do want to encourage you to be patient, however. I have had a couple of questions and they have both been answered satisfactorily. Modisc may be able to provide clues if you can respond with the response to the command “ip link”.

I think my equipment does a similar thing at times. However, it is difficult to determine if it is the router, my wifi interface or the software/computer itself. I sometimes close and reopen my browser and sometimes reset the wifi interface. I have not determined a reason why I have to do it. To be fair, I have experienced this in other distributions to varying degrees which may mean an equipment issue. Just not sure. Yours is definitely different in that you have the problem with ethernet as well. In my situations, it has been several people who contributed thoughts that allowed me to know what to do. Hope you can get your problem resolved.

falcon40

• Hi,

Please post the contents of your journal log after the connection has stopped functioning and was reset at least once. You can export the journal to a file and compress it with:

sudo journalctl -b 0 \> journal.log && tar cvf journal.tar journal.log

Upload the tar file as an attachment here. Thanks.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

Posts 7Views 1419