• Boot delay after upgrade

Recently, after upgrading with pacman -Syy and pacman -Syu, I noticed a considerable increase in my laptop’s boot times and the following message started appearing:

[drm:wait_panel_status [i915]] *ERROR* PPS state mismatch

I think it is worth mentioning that -among other packages- the kernel got an upgrade too as can be seen in /var/log/pacman.log:

[2017-12-04 22:11] [ALPM] upgraded linux (4.13.12-1 -> 4.14.3-1)

That being said, I honestly don’t know if that’s what caused the issue, thus I’m posting here instead of the Kernel & Hardware subforum.

Replacing the quiet kernel parameter with debug showed that the boot hangs (for 40 seconds roughly) while random: crng init done is on the screen.
    I tried # bootctl update, which however, didn’t seem to change anything.

Not being sure whether the delay and the error messages are connected, what I care about the most is the delay. Is there any way to fix it? I thought about downgrading the kernel or switching to lts, but I am not really familiar with the procedure and would like to avoid it unless it is necessary.

Further information:

• Both my / and /home folders are on an LVM2 partition, while my /boot and my swap are on separate partitions. A while before performing the aforementioned upgrade, I took a snapshot of my / logical volume
    # lvs
      LV         VG      Attr       LSize   Pool Origin Data%  Meta%  Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert
      BeforeKate LVGroup swi-a-s---  30.00g      Root   5.75                                   
      Home       LVGroup -wi-ao---- 370.00g                                                    
      Root       LVGroup owi-aos---  30.00g

• I have changed my root kernel param from root=UUID=... to root=/dev/mapper/LVGroup-Root as instructed in the corresponding ArchWiki article and my mkinitcpio hooks include the ones mentioned in the same article (the busybox ones, although I cannot tell if those are the ones I should have). I also have enabled lvm2-monitor.service
    • I am using systemd-boot (chose it over grub when installing antergos)
    • My laptop is a Lenovo 310-15ISK with an i3-6100U CPU and Intel HD Graphics 520
    • I uploaded a few logs and file contents to my dropbox, since I had trouble uploading them here

Excuse me for the long post, but I wanted to give as much info as I could.

• @Badlife
    Not sure about the actual reason for the delay, but it might be worth while to test your system with the linux-lts kernel, since this started after upgrading your kernel. Just install it with

sudo pacman -S linux-lts linux-lts-headers

and reboot to the linux-lts kernel.

Please report issues including all details! ;-)
    Show files here: cat "file" | curl -F [email protected] https://ptpb.pw/?u=1
    and show the URL.

boot247 upgrade62 delay6 Posts 2Views 547
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.