• Antergos freezes 30-100 seconds after login

Hi everyone, I have a strange issue. My keyboard and mouse initially work after logging into GNOME on my new Antergos installation, but fail shortly afterwards. Typically, I am able to open the terminal or a text editor, and all input fails in the middle of typing or clicking through menus. I don’t have this issue when using the antergos USB, I’ve literally kept it open for hours before. Windows and Ubuntu work fine on the same computer as well. Any ideas where I should start looking? The computer is a new Lenovo Yoga 720

• It was solved in the Spanish sub-forum and maybe I can give you a clue …

https://forum.antergos.com/topic/8547/fallo-extrañísimo/44?page=3

Disconnect the computer from the plug for a few minutes, and reconnect it, see what happens …but of course your machine is a laptop, it’s something else …

?

• Oh yeah, and this problem looks a little bit different. My mouse and keyboard work right away, I can get past the login screen without an issue. However, they both stop working seemingly randomly and don’t come back.

• @miles said in All input stops working 30-100 seconds after login:

Oh yeah, and this problem looks a little bit different. My mouse and keyboard work right away, I can get past the login screen without an issue. However, they both stop working seemingly randomly and don’t come back.

When everything freezes are you able to reach tty2 with Ctrl+Alt+F2?
    If so you can type ps -aux and check which proces are running, you can even try to kill some of them and then come back to tty1 Ctrl+Alt+F1 to see if mouse/keyboard are working again.
    In case everything goes as i described you should prevent the conflicting proces to start and you’ll be fine…

EDIT: You can also check wich files are at startup with:
    ls ~/.config/autostart

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• @fernandomaroto I cannot do any of those things. It is actually not input being disconnected, after seeing a cursor freeze, I think that the entire operating system is freezing. Nothing works, no terminals, no ctrl-alt anything.

EDIT: I have changed the title of the thread to reflect this.

• @miles
    ok, only 2 options come to mind now:

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• yea! startup without //X// aka graphical environment, if you have external input devices aviable, we know it is not a silly problem with the hardware itself.

Would be good to get some more information on what DE (GNOME/KDE/Cinnamon/XFCE/Mate/openbox/Deepin) you are using and what you have done on the system like installing drivers e.t.c.

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

Posts 7Views 120