• Scripts that Are Recording Your Every Action Online

Hey there guys!

This did not seem to really fit into any other category, but it seemed rather important. Basically, a common website script has been discovered that records every single action you make on a webpage in live video footage, including passwords, your actual, real home addresses, and even your tax information! Anyways, here’s a link with more information and details:
    https://www.ghostery.com/blog/ghostery-news/session-replay-scripts-video-record-your-activity-as-you-browse-a-website/

Thanks for reading and just wanted to get the news out !!! Have a great rest of the day (after I spoiled it for you all😄).

• @Keegan
    wow…
    i don’t know why i stopped using ghostery here by the way.

I usually use:
    ublock origin
    https everywhere
    popup blocker (strict)
    no coin

I search with duckduckgo instead of other web search sites.

And of course, use Linux instead of windows :p

Some things are runned under VM for safety.

Even so we never feel completly secure…

• @fernandomaroto said in Scripts that Are Recording Your Every Action Online:

never feel completly secure…

No doubt, is more, to connect every day, the risk is and will be very large, always depending on what we have on our computers, laptop or smartphones, just that, take care above all, what is stored in our computers.

• Funny, I actually do every single thing you do @fernandomaroto too (at least according to your above list) accept I generally use Startpage instead of DuckDuckGo.

• @Keegan said in Scripts that Are Recording Your Every Action Online:

Startpage

it was unfamiliar to me untill now, since i mgrated to linux i started using dukduckgo and stopped using other search engines.
    I’ll read about Startpage

• In my opinion, Startpage does the exact same thing as DuckDuckGo, but offers better search results. In essence, it uses Google Search but tunnels all of your searches through the same server. That way, Google cannot collect any information on you or filter results to your specific computer, as all searches are coming through the same server by millions of people worldwide.

I don’t know if that was a very good explanation or not, but it’s what I happen to remember right now off the top of my head😄.

Funny, I actually do every single thing you do @fernandomaroto too (at least according to your above list) accept I generally use Startpage instead of DuckDuckGo.

@fernandomaroto said

it was unfamiliar to me untill now, since i mgrated to linux i started using dukduckgo and stopped using other search engines.
    I’ll read about Startpage

You can only be safe with a powerful firewall or a gufw (to say some …) totally blocked, which does not let you operate on the Internet absolutely nothing, everything bounces and everything is blocked.

In addition, it depends and much, what websites we visit, we exchange very intimate or private information, they will say that it is obvious, but there are people who expose their life in a computer equipment and that in the long or short brings disadvantages and very serious most of the time.

Not to mention the Social Engineering that has been taking place for years, through emails, telephone calls etc …

Google cannot collect any information on you or filter results to your specific computer, as all searches are coming through the same server by millions of people worldwide.

I do not think so… it will be a bit harder to get informations and track you, but google have access to more information, today it is possible to track your traces not only over your ones, also on traces from friends, accounts, uploads, downloads e.t.c.
    0_1512163951282_FB-Research-Final-10.png

• @joekamprad said in Scripts that Are Recording Your Every Action Online:

today it is possible to track your traces not only over your ones, also on traces from friends, accounts, uploads, downloads e.t.c.

To verify it install etherape and see how the connections are interleaved and shows your browsing status, downloads, system updates, servers, etc.

I do not think so… it will be a bit harder to get informations and track you, but google have access to more information, today it is possible to track your traces not only over your ones, also on traces from friends, accounts, uploads, downloads e.t.c.

That’s true, but I think I kind of explained Startpage wrong above. For an actual, researched description of what exactly Ixquick (and thus Startpage) actually do, just visit these webpages:

https://www.expressvpn.com/blog/ixquick-startpage/

https://support.startpage.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/117/23/how-does-the-startpage-proxy-work

• IMHO, Startpage > DuckDuckGo. I just prefer Google results.

As Keegan posted. Startpage is an anonymized proxy for Google search services.

• paranoid screenshot:
    0_1512332680044_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-12-03 21-23-35.png

• Beautiful😄.

Now that’s what we’re talking about!

• and this how it looks like when i open youtube:
    0_1512334007804_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-12-03 21-46-06.png

• @joekamprad
    which program is this?

• @fernandomaroto said in Scripts that Are Recording Your Every Action Online:

@joekamprad
    which program is this?

Etherepe, I mentioned it above :)

• @judd said in Scripts that Are Recording Your Every Action Online:

Etherepe

ah ok, i installed here yesterday, prompted an error when i tried to launch and i didn’t have time to look further…

wow i just needed to run it as sudo heheheh. Ok now i just need to learn to interpret the info…

• netstat too left buttom side ;)

netstat

Hmmm… another program I was unaware of. Thank you @joekamprad for sharing this!

online6 scripts6 recording4 action2 Posts 20Views 1601
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.