• baloo_file_extractor (KDE Plasma 5.9.3)

Re: Baloo is working for 24 hours under full load
    Since my last question noone could make an advice?
    I helped myself by switching off the search under preferences. Sometimes I try switching on the search and the computer begins again hard working with nearly high temperatures without end.

• @semperlin
    I’m not using baloo nor KDE. But what happens if you run baloo_file_extractor manually on a terminal? Do you get any relevant (error) messages?
    What does command

balooctl status

show when baloo is running?

For me (in Xfce) baloo is not doing much. It indexes only 10 files and then goes to idle.

• It could help to disable and enable it:

balooctl disable
    balooctl enable

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    i3-°-xfce

• @joekamprad

[ ~]$ balooctl disable                                                                                                                                                                                                
    Disabling the File Indexer                                                                                                                                                                                                       
    [ ~]$ balooctl enable                                                                                                                                                                                                
    Enabling the File Indexer                                                                                                                                                                                                        
    [ ~]$ Failed to register via dbus. Another instance is running   

In the settings baloo is switched on. The computer works normal as it should.

• i am not using it here… may you need to reboot after disable or stop it also
    Another instance is running sounds like you only disable to autostart on bootup…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    i3-°-xfce

• @semperlin said in baloo_file_extractor (KDE Plasma 5.9.3):

The computer works normal as it should.

0_1511991776402_solved.png

Solved ???

• @joekamprad Many Thanks!!

kde129 plasma32 5.9.31 Posts 7Views 422
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.