• auto mount internal HHD

@joekamprad said in auto mount internal HHD:

i made this ;)
    https://github.com/killajoe/antergos-nvidia-iso
    http://kamprad.net/Downloads/

well You did a fantastic job ! My Thanks ! :) I was browsing antergos main page and on their comunity tab for downloads it says the nvidia iso not needed
    https://antergos.com/wiki/install/install-from-newest-nvidia-card/
    not so at least in my case I looked closer at my screen when booting a official antergos iso and I could see that their vid drivers were crashing leaving me with a black screen and a mouse pointer flashing on and off . So I do not know who makes the official ISOs but they still need work

• There is a problem with the current kernel, this seem to effect to the open source nvidia driver (nouveau) and some newer cards… And this is causing official iso, to do not boot fine on thouse.
    But rolling releases can do this, next ISO new kernel…

• @joekamprad said in auto mount internal HHD:

There is a problem with the current kernel, this seem to effect to the open source nvidia driver (nouveau) and some newer cards… And this is causing official iso, to do not boot fine on thouse.
    But rolling releases can do this, next ISO new kernel…

well I noticed the manjaro gives you a option to use the default drivers or the " Non Free" on their setup perhaps this could be a option for a future release ? ( tryed manjaro not a fan antergos beats it IMO )

• we have the option to install nvidia proprietary on initial installation too, but it is only aviable for cards inside a database… i do not know where this comes from, may @developers can say something here?

UUID=""long-long--uuid-number""	/mnt/DATA      ext4     defaults,discard,noatime,user  0  2

example with a UUID inside:
    UUID=5fub8587-0068-45ec-a945-15394170vv89 /mnt/DATA ext4 defaults,discard,noatime,user 0 2

may need also bind under your home, to get access without password:
    /mnt/DATA /home/""yourusername""/DATA auto bind 0 0

inside your /etc/fstab must do the job !

thanks to @dreamtraveler reminds me to check this again…

with Nvidia x config files you want to autoload settings from nvidia-settings tool? this is a bit tricky, as it do not have a autostarter itself…

you need to create one (aka .desktop file) :
    nano ~/.config/autostart/nvidia.desktop

and put the following inside:

[Desktop Entry]
    Type=Application
    Name=nvidia            
    Comment=autoload nvidia-settings
    Exec=nvidia-settings --config ~/.nvidia-settings-rc --load-config-only

save the file with [Ctrl+X]
    this is the command to load the settings from the file nvidia-settings create if you press save settings
    ( ~/.nvidia-settings-rc)

well I got some time and reread your advice on the nvidia settings , Your advice worked somewhat , the nvidia control panel would now save my settings , but not auto load on boot ,But I was browsing the software repository and found this program " Nvidia Dock " downloaded it and installed , then put it in my start up apps program and boom baby It worked !!! 😀 Now my colors are not washed out :Yea:
    Thanks for the help :)

• @brothergc said in auto mount internal HHD:

But I was browsing the software repository and found this program " Nvidia Dock "

thats a elpfull information! so it seem that this will autoload the settings without this tinkering i provide ?

@brothergc said in auto mount internal HHD:

But I was browsing the software repository and found this program " Nvidia Dock "

thats a elpfull information! so it seem that this will autoload the settings without this tinkering i provide ?

You got it to save the settings but the nvdock is what auto starts the settings on boot , that is my experience . so it took both .

• i retest here and nvidia-settings --config ~/.nvidia-settings-rc --load-config-onlydo not work at all too… but also autostarting nvidia-dock do not load the settings :(

I need to do some research on this…

• say I just learned a new trick , I learned how to manually trim my hard drive .
    sudo fstrim -v /
    I am using a samsung 960 evo NVME drive si I wondered about trim did some googling and found out how to set up a weekly trim and do a manual trim
    Here are my full system specs
    Intel Kabby lake 7600K
    asrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K4
    2x8 gb gskill ram ddr2400
    Samsung 960 Evo 250 mb
    asus dvdrw drive

• we use continious trim by default on Antergos, but i would change to use a systemd timer for a weekly trim (periodic)
    https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Solid_State_Drives#Periodic_TRIM
    discribe how to do so…

remove the discard flag from /etc/fstab and enable the timer with sudo systemctl start fstrim.timer
    sudo systemctl enable fstrim.timer

• Ok I got a update on the nvidia settings , I was trying to get my system to not use grubb so I wiped the main drive and set my system to ueif reinstalled antergos from scratch , what I found is by just auto loading the nvidia dock that my settings were aslo auto loaded , so no other tweaks/commands were needed . I am learning . I did learn that I failed in my attempt at UEIF as grub is still their perhaps I should have disabled compatability mode support in my bios alltogeather but grub is not that bad so not a biggie

• grub is used on uefi systems also, but it is loaded with ei-boot.
    So it is not onto the mbr and insead inside filesystem,.

mount25 auto15 internal7 hhd2 Posts 32Views 2984
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.