• Hey there!

Although I’ve already written in this forum before my presentation, I’ve to take care of Netiquette, hehe. So, hey there! I’m Javi and I’m Spanish. My English level isn’t too good, but I do what I can.

To tell you more about me: I’m a Linux user (mostly from servers at the beginning) since 2003, and macOS user since 2006; but the most important thing: I’m a non-Windows-user since W7.

However, my experience with based Arch distros is… zero. I’ve always used Debian or derivatives of it (like Knoppix in its time, (K)ubuntu, and so on) but with a short time in which I also used Fedora and openSUSE… although I’ve always go back to Debian, maybe this the time that I don’t install Debian never more? We will see!

Now Antergos seems to me a great distro that I wish I stayed for a long time. I especially love about Antergos that is a rolling release distro, thanks to Arch for this.

Cheers!

• Hi friend!

Welcome to our comunity!

@fjpalacios said in Hey there!:

although I’ve always go back to Debian

You’ll never go back to Debian after using AUR to install unofficial packages. Under Debian/*buntu’s based you’d need to import package by package at https://launchpad.net

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• welcome t the most cute distro around :)

@fjpalacios said in Hey there!:

I’ve to take care of Netiquette

we do not have rules here, but mods take control, if you disturb our cutiness ;)

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    http://gofccyourself.com
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @fernandomaroto said in Hey there!:

You’ll never go back to Debian after using AUR to install unofficial packages

I crazy when I discovered it watching reviews on YouTube. Pacman is a super package manager, but AUR is wonderful, I’m in love with it. It’s true that I was a little tired of importing packages or add PPA on Ubuntu to get new software, here at AUR all software available for Linux is available with a simple command. 😍

@joekamprad said in Hey there!:

we do not have rules here, but mods take control, if you disturb our cutiness

I promise to be a good boy. 😛

• @fjpalacios said in Hey there!:

I promise to be a good boy. 😛

Well, I’m glad about that!

there1 hey2 Posts 5Views 152