• Loving Antergos:

I migrated here from Manjaro as i wanted more of a pure Arch setup, although I’m lazy and don’t want to setup Arch from scratch. I have enough of that in the late 90’s with Slack and SystemV

[b:28ts2ykc]Youtube: Klepto's Stash(Best of the best Linux Apps)[/url:28ts2ykc]
    Do unt…

• I migrated here from Manjaro as i wanted more of a pure Arch setup, although I’m lazy and don’t want to setup Arch from scratch. I have enough of that in the late 90’s with Slack and SystemV

[b:28ts2ykc]Youtube: Klepto's Stash(Best of the best Linux Apps)[/url:28ts2ykc]
    Do unt…

• Thanks! Glad you are enjoying what we do here

Cheers!

• Amazing distro … Best I used and I’m pretty sure I tried 90% … Gr8 work

• Yeah I’ve been ‘around the houses’ & spent time with plenty of distros & I’m sure I’ve found home now in Antergos & I won’t be going anywhere.
    I’ve run Arch before & loved it - i remember building an Arch install from the ground up for the first time with Openbox - & feeling the intense satisfaction that every nuance of what I looked at/interacted with was, because of some setting that I had personally set. That is, until the accumulation of petty annoyances, such as flash disks not auto-mounting & probs with Network Manager eventually defeated me & forced my hand to install something more ‘tolerant’.
    I’ve always had the sense that Arch was the right fit for me, if only I could only extend my knowledge of Linux that much further…
    I feel that the Antergos team have not only taken care of the installation with that fantastic Cnchi installer, but upon installation, atleast a hundred of those seamingly minor tweaks & additions have been attended to on my behalf. Stuff I might’ve been able to do, given oodles of time.
    Any moderate-level linux enthusiast can install base-arch & then install gnome connected by the appropriate window manager - it takes the know-how of some serious enthusiasts to accomplish that same task with the grace & finesse that the Antergos team have managed!
    It’s a joy to use - & I’ve been around a while to know - it deserves to rank so much higher in distrowatch - I try always to go to distrowatch.com when I remember & click thru to the site - as so should u if you’re reading this.
    (I know, I know, Distrowatch - it’s a crap measure of popularity, but it’s pretty much all we’ve got in the linux community!)

Posts 5Views 1166