• Loving Antergos:

I migrated here from Manjaro as i wanted more of a pure Arch setup, although I’m lazy and don’t want to setup Arch from scratch. I have enough of that in the late 90’s with Slack and SystemV

• I migrated here from Manjaro as i wanted more of a pure Arch setup, although I’m lazy and don’t want to setup Arch from scratch. I have enough of that in the late 90’s with Slack and SystemV

• Thanks! Glad you are enjoying what we do here

Cheers!

• Amazing distro … Best I used and I’m pretty sure I tried 90% … Gr8 work

• Yeah I’ve been ‘around the houses’ & spent time with plenty of distros & I’m sure I’ve found home now in Antergos & I won’t be going anywhere.
    I’ve run Arch before & loved it - i remember building an Arch install from the ground up for the first time with Openbox - & feeling the intense satisfaction that every nuance of what I looked at/interacted with was, because of some setting that I had personally set. That is, until the accumulation of petty annoyances, such as flash disks not auto-mounting & probs with Network Manager eventually defeated me & forced my hand to install something more ‘tolerant’.
    I’ve always had the sense that Arch was the right fit for me, if only I could only extend my knowledge of Linux that much further…
    I feel that the Antergos team have not only taken care of the installation with that fantastic Cnchi installer, but upon installation, atleast a hundred of those seamingly minor tweaks & additions have been attended to on my behalf. Stuff I might’ve been able to do, given oodles of time.
    Any moderate-level linux enthusiast can install base-arch & then install gnome connected by the appropriate window manager - it takes the know-how of some serious enthusiasts to accomplish that same task with the grace & finesse that the Antergos team have managed!
    It’s a joy to use - & I’ve been around a while to know - it deserves to rank so much higher in distrowatch - I try always to go to distrowatch.com when I remember & click thru to the site - as so should u if you’re reading this.
    (I know, I know, Distrowatch - it’s a crap measure of popularity, but it’s pretty much all we’ve got in the linux community!)

Posts 5Views 1470
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.