• HBO (Nordic in my case) won't run on any linux system?

Is there any knowledge regarding HBO and html5 (instead of flash)?

• @ulanddanne said in HBO (Nordic in my case) won't run on any linux system?:

HBO

widevine ? https://www.reddit.com/r/Ubuntu/comments/6bpqgc/hbogo_on_linux/
    We get vivaldi with enabled widevine in Antergos REPO

But in the end i do not understand what is our question about, as you do not say what is NOT working and what you WANT to do…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3-°-xfce

• I want to be able to play HBO on my Antergos system. I´m corius if anyone know anything regarding a possible html5 switch for HBO because that would solve the problem permanent, as of now there seems to only be temporary (at best) solutions.

• I’m afraid you’ll have to ask this question to HBO, the problem is coming from them.
    It all has to do with investments they’ve made made in the recent past in silverlight and flash. Now they have to reinvest again in html5, that means buying the rights again for their programs and films for that platform. It isn’t just a technical switch that they have to make.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

• any possible way to use Wine for the plugins?

• Just try use Google Chrome not Chromium and HBO should work perfectly.

• Sorry for necroing an old-ish thread (let me know if that’s not okay, but I didn’t get HBO Nordic to run even on Chrome (with Flash installed).

• @aiphoenix do you build google-chrome from AUR?

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3-°-xfce

• @joekamprad Friend, when it comes to Linux, and I’m a complete and utter nub. 😉 I only installed it from AUR using the ‘add/remove’ software application. After trying to launch HBO, I got prompted to install Flash (CRY), and after that i did a relog just because. When trying to play an episode in HBO, all I got was a black screen. 😕

• 0_1513636792604_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-12-18 23-39-38.png

exactly… 😉

i do not have a hbo subscription, but i can see teaser and free episodes without issue…

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3-°-xfce

• So, build from aur… Can you point me in the right direction?

• my question was only if it was google-chrome you have installed, you can build/install also with the package manager, but it have to be the right one.

my#repo
    my-blog#k
    how to add system logs
    i3-°-xfce

• @aiphoenix HBO nordic uses flash and silverlight for streaming their content. Silverlight isn’t supported on Linux and with the flash plugin you’ve installed, you can’t acces the content, because Linux isn’t supported by HBO Nordic. The only way you can view their content are by tv and the app for your phone/tablet.
    If you search on nternet, you may find some older threads in the distro forums with the solution using pipelight. This used to be the Linux app, that could handle Silverlight. My advice is; don’t use it. Pipelight isn’t actively developed anymore and therefore not safe to use. Silverlight (and Flash) are on their way to be obsolete in the very near future, so it won’t be very long untill HBO Nordic also makes the switch to HTML5.

Gnome/XFCE/i3-WM

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing its stupid.

system80 hbo1 nordic1 Posts 14Views 702
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.