• Reverting to stock Arch after install?

Since Antergos is essentially Arch Linux with a few small changes, is it possible to use it as a way to install a traditional Arch environment easily and quickly? Correct me if I’m wrong but are these the only things changed by Antergos?
    [list:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom repository [/*:m:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom boot animation[/*:m:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom kernel module[/*:m:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom gnome login [/*:m:1wjzhtzx][/list:u:1wjzhtzx]

So if I were to remove all of the above would I be running stock Arch Linux? Minus numix and pre-installed applications of course.

Thanks,
    Connor

• Since Antergos is essentially Arch Linux with a few small changes, is it possible to use it as a way to install a traditional Arch environment easily and quickly? Correct me if I’m wrong but are these the only things changed by Antergos?
    [list:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom repository [/*:m:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom boot animation[/*:m:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom kernel module[/*:m:1wjzhtzx]
    [*:1wjzhtzx]custom gnome login [/*:m:1wjzhtzx][/list:u:1wjzhtzx]

So if I were to remove all of the above would I be running stock Arch Linux? Minus numix and pre-installed applications of course.

Thanks,
    Connor

• Hi,

Antergos does not make any core changes to Arch. When you install Antergos you are getting Arch Linux directly from Arch. What Antergos provides is preconfiguration of the system settings as well as themes/boot splash. Our package repository consists of a small number of packages from the AUR that we choose to compile and distribute to our users. It does not take the place of the Arch repos which are your primary source. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

• Thankyou for the quick response sir! It was very helpful.
    Cheers!

• No problem

Cheers!

Posts 5Views 854