• does not load graphical login

Hello again. Today I updated the system except gdm and lib gdm (because I had to reinstall a previous version because it would not let me login). After a while I blocked firefox and closed it but gnome froze and I reinitiated it in a forced way. Restarting does not start the session.

image upload in firefox

• Try to start with the rescue target. To do this, you must press the e when the grub menu comes up and add

systemd.unit=multi-user.target

to the kernel line yourself.

Once you have been able to boot, you should look at the boot log:

sudo su
    journalctl -b -1

• @judd thanks. All right. When adding systemd.unit = multi-user.target I get /init: eval: line 1: =y: not found.

but I can start my user by tty. I saved the journalctl log in a text file that I leave here

journalctl -b -1

• kernel: nvidia: loading out-of-tree module taints kernel.
    nov 09 15:15:22 rodrigo-pclinux kernel: nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel.
    nov 09 15:15:22 rodrigo-pclinux kernel: Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
    nov 09 15:15:22 rodrigo-pclinux kernel: nvidia-nvlink: Nvlink Core is being initialized, major device number 246
    nov 09 15:15:22 rodrigo-pclinux kernel: nvidia 0000:01:00.0: vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=none:owns=io+mem
    nov 09 15:15:22 rodrigo-pclinux kernel: NVRM: loading NVIDIA UNIX x86_64 Kernel Module  387.22  Wed Oct 25 23:13:21 PDT 2017 (using threaded interrupts)
    nov 09 15:15:22 rodrigo-pclinux kernel: nvidia-modeset: Loading NVIDIA Kernel Mode Setting Driver for UNIX platforms  387.22  Wed Oct 25 22:46:40 PDT 2017

inxi -Fxxc0

?

• @judd sorry, I do not understand what to do

• install inxi with sudo pacman -S inxi and then paste the content that returns the console or tty:

$ inxi -Fxxc0

?

• @cristrodmorguer try:

sudo rm /var/lib/AccountsService/users/gdm

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    antergos:_rescue
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    :handshake: donate antergos

login112 graphical13 Posts 7Views 711
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.