• \[SOLVED\] Cannot install, continued boot loop (Acer C720)

So I can’t get Antergos to boot from a Live usb. I hit enter so it can start but it just reboots and I’m back to hitting ctrl L, where the boot screen comes up again.

At first I thought it was an issue with the small amount of RAM the C720 has (2GB) so I hit up tab and add mem=1536m but still it just reboots. Now I know the mem=1536m trick works on an older Arch iso (2013.10.01).

I really want to use Antergos as I cannot be bothered to install Arch from scratch.

UPDATE: I went ahead and installed the 32bit version.

• So I can’t get Antergos to boot from a Live usb. I hit enter so it can start but it just reboots and I’m back to hitting ctrl L, where the boot screen comes up again.

At first I thought it was an issue with the small amount of RAM the C720 has (2GB) so I hit up tab and add mem=1536m but still it just reboots. Now I know the mem=1536m trick works on an older Arch iso (2013.10.01).

I really want to use Antergos as I cannot be bothered to install Arch from scratch.

UPDATE: I went ahead and installed the 32bit version.

• Have you tried the 32-bit image. It really makes no difference considering you are only working with 2GB of RAM.

Best Regards,
    Dustin

• Actually that a dam good point. I have not tried that.

Posts 4Views 1186
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.