• CPU always running at the exact same frequency

@fnc said in CPU always running at the exact same frequency:

I think I’m not using the NVidia GPU but the i5 internal one.

$ systemctl --state=active | grep intel
    or
    $ systemctl --state=active | grep nvidia

• As I thought, nothing is shown for nvidia. I’m definitely using intel gpu.

• @fnc said in CPU always running at the exact same frequency:

As I thought, nothing is shown for nvidia. I’m definitely using intel gpu.

👌 ;)

• @fnc said in CPU always running at the exact same frequency:

/usr/lib/tracker-miners/tracker-miner-fs is taking nearly 105% of the CPU (that’s what htop says)
    /usr/lib/tracker/tracker-store is taking about 10% of the CPU

tracker is database ptoducer for desktop search finction and some programmms using it like gnome-documents gnome-music gnome-video and now also nautilus is deepending on it, before GNOME 3.26 it was easely uninstallable, but now it will uninstall nautilus too … and the tool to configure is also not longer aviable…

Only way to configure seems dconf-editor (org>freedesktop>tracker)

• It’s gnome-tracker. He’s trying to get info about files like file attributes, author, tags, preview images so… You can select some options here
    $ tracker-preferences
    But you can’t completely disable it because it’s used by almost all Gnome apps…

You have to monitor the system messages to see what the cause of this activity (sudo journalctl -f). You could see some messages like this to an example:
    WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for “file:///mnt/archive/Pictures/samples/raw/pixels/Panasonic_DMC-FZ38_-4_3.RW2” was not found, exec: google-chrome-stable, mime_type: image/x-panasonic-raw2
    WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for “file:///mnt/archive/Pictures/samples/raw/pixels/5G4A9395.CR2” was not found, exec: google-chrome-stable, mime_type: image/x-canon-cr2

• I’ve found this post https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1502456#p1502456 where the user quimkaos suggests a solution to the problem.

I’ve erased the cache folder, but I didn’t make the hardreset because it was warning me of possible data loss. It seems something has improved though. At the time, the laptop has been running for nearly 10 minutes:

• With an average frequency of 1.8Ghz, far away from the last 2.6GHz
    • The temperature has decreased to 57ºC
    • Memory usage has dropped to 1.13GB, it was near 3GB before

So I must assume that the problem was in fact the tracker. It’s quite funny I didn’t check htop before checking governors and cpu states.

@joekamprad said in CPU always running at the exact same frequency:

@fnc said in CPU always running at the exact same frequency:

/usr/lib/tracker-miners/tracker-miner-fs is taking nearly 105% of the CPU (that’s what htop says)
    /usr/lib/tracker/tracker-store is taking about 10% of the CPU

tracker is database ptoducer for desktop search finction and some programmms using it like gnome-documents gnome-music gnome-video and now also nautilus is deepending on it, before GNOME 3.26 it was easely uninstallable, but now it will uninstall nautilus too … and the tool to configure is also not longer aviable…

Only way to configure seems dconf-editor (org>freedesktop>tracker)

I’ll take a look to dconf-editor to see if I can improve its behaviour.

@kapa76 said in CPU always running at the exact same frequency:

It’s gnome-tracker. He’s trying to get info about files like file attributes, author, tags, preview images so… You can select some options here
    $ tracker-preferences
    But you can’t completely disable it because it’s used by almost all Gnome apps…

You have to monitor the system messages to see what the cause of this activity (sudo journalctl -f). You could see some messages like this to an example:
    WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for “file:///mnt/archive/Pictures/samples/raw/pixels/Panasonic_DMC-FZ38_-4_3.RW2” was not found, exec: google-chrome-stable, mime_type: image/x-panasonic-raw2
    WARNING **: recent-manager-provider.vala:132: Desktop file for “file:///mnt/archive/Pictures/samples/raw/pixels/5G4A9395.CR2” was not found, exec: google-chrome-stable, mime_type: image/x-canon-cr2

I’ll keep an eye in the logs, thanks!

cpu22 running20 frequency4 exact1 Posts 66Views 4140
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.