• Font-installation creates issues in Dolphin & Virtual Box

Hi All, I need some assistance in solving an issue related to font-installation. I installed ttf-indic-otf font from repository to be able to view web sites in local indian languages. However, this seems to be mess-up a couple of applications that I use often - Dolphin & Virtual Box. As soon as I installed the font, these 2 applications automatically switch their display text to a very weird font (not even recognizable as an indian language font as well). The system region / language settings are still ok - maintained as language - English (US), Formats - UK, Input Sources - US (English). I am unable to switch the font for these applications to English. Other applications seem to behave well (still remain in English) & are quite ok. Is there a way to fix these 2 apps, in any way ? Thanks for any useful suggestions or assistance in this regard. KR, Ramanan.

• The desktop environment is GNOME.

• @joekamprad Thanks, that’s helpful; let me try my hands with config. as suggested.

• sudo pacman -S qt5ct
    nano ~/.profile

and put this inside:

export QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME="qt5ct"

save with [Ctrl+X]
    logout and in and run qt5ct

0_1509893009783_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-11-05 15-43-15.png

• @Ramanan You may probably will want to install the qt5ct utility. It’s the graphical tool which allows to set graphic styles and fonts for Qt apps running in non-Qt DEs.

Beware: qt5ct overrides all graphic and font settings made with native Qt config tools.

• Thanks, qt5ct seems to have done its job like a charm !. Much better now that I can see everything in English than in a weird looking font.

issues86 dolphin14 virtual7 creates1 Posts 8Views 678
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.