• Cnchi: cannot install another Antergos

@developers
    Hi,
    I already have a good Antergos Xfce install on a machine.
    Now I just tried to install another Antergos instance with KDE to another partition on the same machine.

But Cnchi 0.14.404 refuses to install it only because I didn’t set EFI mount. :(

Actually I don’t need the EFI mount in the new instance, since the good old Antergos Xfce would be able to boot the KDE install, too.

Am I missing something obvious here?
    I understand that a newcomer might need advice/warning about missing the EFI mount on an UEFI system.
    But I don’t think Cnchi should prevent installing without setting the EFI mount. A simple warning message about a missing EFI mount should be enough.

• Hi,

Try to select your EFI partition but do NOT mark it for formatting.

What boot are you using? Grub or systemd-boot ?

• @karasu
    Thanks for the answer.
    I did just that, marked it for mount but (naturally) not for formatting. Didn’t work.
    I use grub.
    Probably I would put a new menuentry into my old /boot/grub/custom.cfg in Antergos Xfce for booting to new install.

• @karasu
    Sorry, I was quite confusing in my previous post.
    Cnchi works as expected if I mount the EFI partition to /boot/efi. No problem.
    The point I’m trying to make I shouldn’t be required to mount it, since I can make the new system boot otherwise.

cnchi155 Posts 4Views 461
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.