Hello, this is not a question but I have seen that someone posed a similar question on ADB with gnome. i am running Antergos 4.13.11-1-ARCH with KDE plasma 5.11.2 and I use dolphin for file manager. I recently had an issue when I connected my rooted android phone running resurrection remix nightly v5.8.5-20171011-capricorn-weekly on a xiaomi mi5s phone. Anyhow i was getting the error message “the process for the mtp protocol died unexpectedly” when trying to mount in dolphin - having selected file transfer on the device. I had a long search through the relevant Arch wiki and it appears that newer android phones have issues with MTP in dolphin. There are workarounds - access the device through browser with “file manager +” in android play - its free. However I have managed to find a solution: anyone using similar setup to mine will need to download "android-udev-git from the repos see this link “https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/android-udev-git/”. This worked for me straight away! let me know if this assists anyone.