• Amazing pacman/snapper conundrum:

Here we go:

I noticed that there was a kernel update and a perl update after updating a few apps were severely broken. So I used the quick and dirty route and did a snapper undochange on / and rebooted. Everything is working properly now but I don’t see any pacman updates that should be available that should break my apps again. I have no idea why there aren’t any updates available.

[b:28ts2ykc]Youtube: Klepto's Stash(Best of the best Linux Apps)[/url:28ts2ykc]
    Do unt…

• Here we go:

I noticed that there was a kernel update and a perl update after updating a few apps were severely broken. So I used the quick and dirty route and did a snapper undochange on / and rebooted. Everything is working properly now but I don’t see any pacman updates that should be available that should break my apps again. I have no idea why there aren’t any updates available.

Do unt…

• Hi,

Try flushing your package databases with:

sudo pacman -Syyu

Cheers!

• I remembered that command but nothing changed as if pacman thought everything was updated just fine. I check as a there was a recent version of perl 5.20 something but I was running 5.18 something. Weird bug.

Do unt…

• That is weird
    sudo pacman -Scc
    sudo reflector -l 20 -f 10 --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
    for file in /var/lib/pacman/sync/*; do sudo rm “${file}”; done;
    sudo pacman -Syyu[/code:29n5xets]

Posts 5Views 929