• Installation Antergos 17.10 broken with Cnchi errors

Hello everybody,

I’m having a lot of problems with Antergo’s ISO 17.10 right now.Have tried three times to install and gnchi 0-14404 returns every time a different misstatement. Code: 126539,126754 and 127191. Have already tried the mirror list first as described in https://forum.antergos.com/topic/3267/how-to-choose-your-mirrors-before-installing-antergos. But without success. Who has an enlightening idea?

• I have the same error … someone give us a light please …

• @abrahamtamayo @LuG42 as @judd suggested it would be good to get some more information about system itself, and about what you are choosing while try to install antergos.
    And it seems to effect multiple users:

https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/809

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @LuG42 well I have some bugs with the installer I’d like to share. It seems to be the .404 version of the installer and it has a few shortcomings. When looking for sources for downloading you files it takes like 10 minutes and sometimes it’ll update the installer after sending you right back to the beginning of the install again. One time after I got past setting up partition I clicked the next arrow and didn’t realize my wifi connection dropped and it just sat there and after 15 minutes I had to reboot and there should be some button to try again or refresh after you reconnect. Now the big one I’ve been hearing about and found a workaround but people shouldn’t have to do this. If you doing a reinstall and you don’t do this and I did it from mint then you are going to get an error. I first opened up nemo and then clicked system and when I got there I right click on boot folder and chose open as root then I opened it and opened the EFI folder and I deleted the old Antergos.efi file and then I closed and went into terminal and it took me a while to learn this because I’m a noob but it worked. At the terminal type sudo efibootmrg and then get a list, then type whatever Antergos is listed as lets say 0002 I typed sudo efibootmgr 0002b -B and it deletes the entry and then I typed sudo update-grub and then rebooted and reinstalled but after the new installer came out I can’t even install.

Another problem and it affect Suse also but not mint so it could be the new version of cinnamon or gnome or the newest kernel that is doing it. In both your OS and Suse with cinnamon the theme setting for cinnamon doesn’t work. I let the Cinnamon team at mint know this also so hopefully a patch will be coming soon. Thanks for reading and you guys for putting out one of the best OS’s out there and I don’t blame you guys for a crappy installer, it seems the installer crew needs some extra QC done before releasing a new version is all and a few bugs slipped through the cracks.

• @karasu no regrets!

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @shawnfromnh1 Sorry I did that one command in the terminal wrong. It’s actually sudo efibootmgr -b 0002 -B

• @karasu said in Installation Antergos 17.10 broken with gnchi errors:

Sorry!

I do not think I should say “I’m sorry”, not at all.

• Hi @shawnfromnh1

When looking for sources for downloading you files it takes like 10 minutes and sometimes it’ll update the installer after sending you right back to the beginning of the install again.

You have to wait until the new version is downloaded. The Installer does not close immediately… as it is opened automatically when the session is loaded. Best way is to close the installer when it shows up and wait until it is updated, but never go on while it’s being updated.

and didn’t realize my wifi connection dropped

The Installer can’t do much about this, can it?

Now the big one I’ve been hearing about and found a workaround but people shouldn’t have to do this. If you doing a reinstall and you don’t do this and I did it from mint then you are going to get an error. I first opened up nemo and then clicked system and when I got there I right click on boot folder and chose open as root then I opened it and opened the EFI folder and I deleted the old Antergos.efi file and then I closed and went into terminal and it took me a while to learn this because I’m a noob but it worked. At the terminal type sudo efibootmrg and then get a list, then type whatever Antergos is listed as lets say 0002 I typed sudo efibootmgr 0002b -B and it deletes the entry and then I typed sudo update-grub (…)

If I understand, this error is because you reinstalled without formatting your /boot partition, right? I’ll check this one asap.

and then rebooted and reinstalled but after the new installer came out I can’t even install.

Do you mean install or reinstall? Which error do you get? Without more info it’s nearly impossible to know what’s going on, sorry.

I don’t blame you guys for a crappy installer, it seems the installer crew needs some extra QC done before releasing a new version is all and a few bugs slipped through the cracks.

Well… calling it crappy it’s a bit harsh… but it’s true that we should do more QC before releasing… but bear in mind that this is an online installer, so even if we do the necessary tests, just a change on one package can break everything (and that’s what happened with the error #809 of this thread).

Cheers!

P.S. Don’t get mad at me, but your post was a bit difficult to read. Next time break your post into more paragraphs.

• @joekamprad overcoming failure means you learn a valuable lesson for the future to me.

Well it’s a reinstall but I got rid of the old efi file and references so it’s a new install from scratch as far as the installer knows. As for the last one with a good wireless connection no drops it just stop updating the database or secondary database for the second time at 69% and it’s like half the places it’s talking to are failing to respond or responding after a pretty good wait, I think it’s updating the database more than one time and then hanging when the places it’s calling realize it’s doing this again and maybe they’re thinking it’s ddosing them or something for multiple attempts, not sure just a wild guess. I remember how smoothly this install went with the old installer and maybe the Antergos team ought to yank the new one off the repositories and find the problems with it and rerelease it after the bugs are squashed because the installer that came with the ISO works great on it’s own and should be the one that is used for a short time and not do an installer update till then just for stabilities sake and all.

• Hi everyone,

first of all thanks for the numerous tips or descriptions of similar anomalies.However, I do not really see a solution for the moment? Funny thing is that I have two days earlier on my laptop with the same ISO Antergos installed without problems.

Ok now to the question what I have actually choosen in the installation everything: The usual country-specific queries so Location, keyboard layout, Timezone then the various additional packages so Libre Office, Firefox, Aur Respo. Firewall etc. thereafter the choice of Gnome, an encrypted hard drive with LVM set up password for the hard drive and further to the personal settings ,: name, PC name, user and password. That was it. Then Gnchi runs about up to 75-85% of the installation and then comes the error message.

• @karasu

what will that say to me now respectively how can I consider that during the reinstallation with the ISO 17.10?

• @LuG42 Please, share your log. They’re created int the /tmp directory (the most important one is cnchi.log).

Thanks!

• /var/log/cnchi/cnchi-***.log
    /var/log/cnchi/pacman-***.log
    /var/log/cnchi/postinstall-***.log

tar -czf ~/cnchi-logs.tar.gz /var/log/cnchi/

will create archive (cnchi-logs.tar.gz) of the install log files…

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• solved

Hello everybody,

Unfortunately, since I can not spend time researching causes, I have now solved the problem through the ISO 17.9. So gnchi runs through and Antergos is back on the computer.

• cnchi ;)

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @LuG42 said in Installation Antergos 17.10 broken with Cnchi errors:

Unfortunately, since I can not spend time researching causes, I have now solved the problem through the ISO 17.9.

Whichever release you use, you’ll end using the same cnchi version (as it downloads it).

I think that just retrying with the 17.10 would have worked the same way.

Anyways, I’m glad it worked.

Cheers!

Posts 18Views 520