• No titles on windows in activity overview (Gnome 3.26)

As you can see on image there is still a label on active window, but no labels on others, witch makes quite hard to navigate in activity view, especially when there are many windows (in this form they are almost indistinguishable from each other). I was lazy to install a new OS instance to see if it is my system’s bug or a built-in feature, so I just watched videos on YouTube to figure out if someone else has such a problem. Apparently, this issue was introduced in version 3.24, since all videos I watched with this version were affected by this flaw, while in previous versions the names were displayed on all windows as usual. So my question is: is it possible to fix that and make every window have its own title regardless of the focus?
    alt text

• Refined activities overview - window titles now shown on hover and spacings have been adjusted to give larger window thumbnails. This gives a cleaner view and results in larger window thumbnails, making it easier to pick the window you want.

https://wiki.gnome.org/ThreePointTwentyfive/ReleaseNotes

You do not want to search on your own, and instead post it CROSSOVER distros to let others search for you?

https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/113024/no-titles-on-windows-in-activity-overview-gnome-326/
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/972066/no-titles-on-windows-in-activities-overview-gnome-3-26
    We do not like this here !

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• It looks like an ongoing cross-posting epidemy recently. The reasons are unknown.

• @just said in No titles on windows in activity overview (Gnome 3.26):

The reasons are unknown

as i think the reason is simple: laziness.
    I have no problem if someone is a newbie, and have not much knowledge on searching the internet, but then user kan say this and can ask where to search/where i can investigate ? If someone is simple crosspost the same question on different fora it is clearly laziness and impatience !!!

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Personally I feel embarrassed by others, because by putting them in evidence, they have no way of defending themselves :thumbsdown_tone5:

• @judd you are right on this, as i also think that someone is not doing this to trick us with intent.
    But in the end it is a trick, to get faster response, and let others do the work.

And it is possible to defend as we do not banning them and also we are friendly species and will forgive this little things ;)

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in No titles on windows in activity overview (Gnome 3.26):

…and let others do the work.

True. That’s the point. The sad point.

You do not want to search on your own, and instead post it CROSSOVER distros to let others search for you? We do not like this here !

Well, firstly I’m certainly NOT a CROSSOVER!!!1 distro user, or rather, not in relation to you, if you looked closely at my screenshot, you could see that i am Antergos user (original image with highlighted proof is placed below). RedHat is kinda main contributor to GNOME; Ubuntu has largest newbies base and antegros is my GNU\Linux distro, so you can find my actions quite logical, of course only in case if you have intention to help people instead of abusing them.

@joekamprad said in No titles on windows in activity overview (Gnome 3.26):

You do not want to search on your own…
    We do not like this here !
    …reason is simple: laziness

Ok, lets assume that i was not searching at all. The thing is - I’m just a user and vary may be even don’t know what to look for and what key words use to search this and how to deal with all that stuff. Oh, and by the way im looking at antergos logo right now at the top of the window. Guess what - its written “Antergos for everyone”. Maybe some mistake…

But going back to the original question - thanks for your reply, really appreciate this!! Only one thing - I’m not asking to search you all the internets, but i have strong feeling that some people is lazy to read even simple messages to the end, maybe my bad English is the reason, sorry about that, nevertheless - i figured by myself that this issue was introduced somewhere in 3.24-th version (if you can still read my original message), so your reply is just no more than a piece of my description of the problem. The question was:

@BatyaKarl said in No titles on windows in activity overview (Gnome 3.26):

So my question is: is it possible to fix that and make every window have its own title regardless of the focus?

If I’m so lazy to search and this info is so easy to find, i would be so glad if you can manage to find that.

And yes, i think i should be really thankful to you for not banning me for my question, you are really nice and friendly fellas.
    @joekamprad said in No titles on windows in activity overview (Gnome 3.26):

And it is possible to defend as we do not banning them and also we are friendly species and will forgive this little things ;)

Original highlighted photo and info-photo of my distro:
    alt text
    alt text

• @BatyaKarl you are welcome!
    I just asked:

You do not want to search on your own, and instead post it CROSSOVER distros to let others search for you ???

Because you are putting the question on different fora, i do not want to say that you are not using Antergos (missunderstanding) … me to i am not native speaker ;)

And as you do not write anything about what you already do to find a solution e.t.c. i can not see what you already investigate in he question.

but i have strong feeling that some people is lazy to read even simple messages to the end

I do read the complete first post of you, and he link i gave you was the official GNOME Release announcement to the change tha t window titles ore only visible on mousover…
    And i am a user like you, given my time for free to help on Antergos!

Back to your topic:

As this is a change made by Gnome release itself, and for now no one have done a gnome-shell-extension to change this, i think there is no way to change this at the moment.

Only with hacking into the code, or writing an exension to do so…

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

As this is a change made by Gnome release itself, and for now no one have done a gnome-shell-extension to change this, i think there is no way to change this at the moment.
    Only with hacking into the code, or writing an exension to do so…

Yes, hacking is a complicated way(( I was hoping that there is some key in the registry that can be adjusted using dconf or something like that. But thanks anyway.

Posts 10Views 181