• Trouble upgrading zfs

I’m a newbie so if this needs moved, feel free. I only posted it in here since it’s a pacman type error.

My boot drive is not zfs. I’ve been playing around with a Raidz2 setup with a bunch of attached SATA drives. For the past week or so, when I get the notification for system updates, I always have to uncheck some zfs related ones because of this error:

:: Starting full system upgrade...
    resolving dependencies...
    looking for conflicting packages...
    error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
    :: zfs-dkms: installing spl (0.7.3-1) breaks dependency 'spl-dkms=0.7.2'
    :: zfs-dkms: installing zfs-utils (0.7.3-1) breaks dependency 'zfs-utils=0.7.2-1'

Any idea on how to fix this? On a side note, my zfs drive is working perfectly.

• You have to wait for ZFS to release an update ;).

I make things work…
    My humble wiki: https://anotherlinux.com/

• @RoadHazard

You have mixed packages. Antergos zfs implementation constists of these (and only these) packages:

zfs, spl, zfs-utils and spl-utils

Please use either those packages or AUR packages, it’s up to you (zfs-dkms is an AUR package). But do NOT mix them! 😉

So, to use Antergos packages:

sudo pacman -S zfs

• @karasu

Makes sense. I realize you said it’s up to me to pick which but being a newbie, I’m not sure of the pros or cons of one over the other (Antergos repositories vs. AUR.)

Guessing AUR stuff might get SLIGHTLY quicker updates (hours/days) over Antergos repos?

• @RoadHazard said in Trouble upgrading zfs:

Guessing AUR stuff might get SLIGHTLY quicker updates (hours/days) over Antergos repos?

This is not a rule, but in this case you might be right. None of us @developers use ZFS, so we just update the modules from time to time (or when somebody is so kind to warn us).

Cheers!

Posts 5Views 362
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.