• Gnome 3.26.2 - computer unable to come out of screensaver

Hi, I’m using Gnome 3.26.2 with Wayland running on gdm 3.26.2.1-1. Everything is fine except for the fact that my computer is unable to wake from the screensaver (which, in the latest version of antergos gnome, seems to consist of just fading the computer display to black). The CPU also seems to not be going to sleep - I have my power settings set to suspend the computer 15 mins after the screensaver kicks in, and I have come back after a full night, to find the CPU fans and LEDs on.

Another thing that I have found is that at login, once I have entered my username and password, I am taken to the boot ‘post messages’ screen again (which has been displaying all the boot messages) before the screen switches to load my desktop…

Has anyone else experienced this as well? Is there someone who can help me with a fix for this? Thanks

• If you are using lightdm and lightlocker, you need may need to read here:
    https://antergos.com/wiki/desktops/gnome/working-solution-to-use-lightdm-and-lightlocker-under-gnome/

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad I’m not using lightdm. Using the latest version of GDM…

• So I realised that I am facing this problem only when I run a Wayland session. If I run an X11 session, everything is hunky-dory. The computer sleeps/wakes/suspends absolutely all right.

• Nice to see you get it working… i do not see any benefit of running wayland at the current state also…

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• But no, this thread is not about getting Wayland working with Gnome 3.26.2. I am facing this problem where the screensaver does not work in Wayland, and there is no way to bring the computer out of a screen blank state, other than by pressing the power button down for a few seconds, and essentially restarting the machine.

• uninstall lightlocker

sudo pacman -Rsc light-locker

remove light-locker autostart settings:

rm ~/.config/autostart/screensaver-settings.desktop

now use gnome-control-center for setup:
    0_1510061243817_Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-11-07 14-26-53.png

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• Thanks for this thread!
    I’ve had similar issues. The most normal issue is that while the screen locks all right some time after starting, if nothing is done with it. When I then do something and again go away for some time, it will no longer lock.

I have also had cases when it does not anymore wake up after locking. But since I have probably changed the display manager, I cannot say which one I have used. But I will check my case against this thread, if I need to fix something.

• @joekamprad light-locker was already removed. I removed the settings, set them again from Gnome Control Center, but it didn’t work…

unable42 screensaver9 gnome243 3.26.21 Posts 10Views 206