• Segmentation Fault after battery ran out of power

Hi guys, I’ve been using Arch Linux after a couple of years and have just started using Antergos a week or two ago.

I just closed my laptop with Steam and Google-Chrome running and the battery ran out. When I booted up again and tried to open them up again, they wouldn’t open. When I try to start them with the Terminal, I get a Segmentation fault (core dumped) issue. The line at which this happens on Steam varies, whereas on Chrome, its on component_loader.cc(138).

Same error that I get on “google-chrome-stable” also presents itself on “chromium”.

I have never had such an issue before and I’m not sure where to look. My Firefox and all other programs work fine.

Also, whenever I open a browser (since I installed Antergos), after a few seconds the browser would just freeze for aboue 20sec or so. This is unrelated to the topic at hand, but it’s an issue that I’ve been running into.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Hi guys, I’ve been using Arch Linux after a couple of years and have just started using Antergos a week or two ago.

I just closed my laptop with Steam and Google-Chrome running and the battery ran out. When I booted up again and tried to open them up again, they wouldn’t open. When I try to start them with the Terminal, I get a Segmentation fault (core dumped) issue. The line at which this happens on Steam varies, whereas on Chrome, its on component_loader.cc(138).

Same error that I get on “google-chrome-stable” also presents itself on “chromium”.

I have never had such an issue before and I’m not sure where to look. My Firefox and all other programs work fine.

Also, whenever I open a browser (since I installed Antergos), after a few seconds the browser would just freeze for aboue 20sec or so. This is unrelated to the topic at hand, but it’s an issue that I’ve been running into.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• Hi,

Please check the global announcement that appears in all forum categories for more information on your issue.

Best Regards,

Posts 3Views 569