• Firefox is Dead :O

FF 57 uninstalled.

RIP Firefox.

• @just
    I will not uninstall Firefox, at least not yet. 57 seems to be quite good.

• FF 57 uninstalled too, crashing and freeze system totally…

• @joekamprad
    In Xfce it is working well. No crashes so far. But I’m not using hundreds of tabs…

• I’m simply sick of keeping two browsers.

Chromium, on one side, does about 99,9% of what the old Firefox with addons was capable to do. And Firefox, on the other side, which is droped down to ELinks level now without most of useful extensions.

Chromium does almost everything I need. Firefox - not anymore. An endless hope that FF will regain its capabilites came to the end.

• @just its sad but true :(

• Yes, it uses Chromium based “web extentions” and breaks compatibility with xul addons completely.
    Another step towards chromifying firefox into oblivion.
    J.

• I haven’t tried it on android. Only on Linux. My experience has not been good.

• Sure Firefox works for me on Android. :)

• @manuel Yeah I use it as main browser too. I’m just disappointed that you can’t control cookies to improve privacy like on the desktop. No browser on Android provides it sufficiently.

For the rest I have no complains

• @EarthMind
    If there would be a perfect browser in every possible way, then no other would be needed.
    But as we have more than one browsers, then none of them can be perfect. ;)

• personal i hate te openes of information firefox lacks, in chromium you see clearly in your system monitor how much tabs you have open, by firefox you have to see webcontents , you can say uses less memory but if you not follow those is bit miss information

• Imho, there is a big danger when everybody adapts the same technologies in browsers: The company that creates these technologies controls the internet.
    In the case of chrome that would be google, and I do not want them to be in full control of the web.
    J.

• No feed, no feedback… 0_1511178735247_FB-Research-Final-10.png

• i decided to try out the new firefox 57 just for the heck of it and wow! what a mess! dont even know what to say anymore about firefox. they destroyed what once was a great browser!

this thing keeps getting worse! stick a fork in it! its well done!

• I’m studying Basilisk. Even though it’s in eternal beta stage.

• Some live youtube streams don’t load for me but Chromium works fine. Probably a webrtc thing as Coinbase doesn’t load in the new firefox version unless “media.peerconnection.enabled” is set to true. (It is by default but that’s susceptible to webrtc leaks.)

• Turns out the “live youtube stream” issue was Google’s regression in ff. They switched to a new .webm stream but apparently the issue is fixed on their end.

• @d_K offtopic, open a new threat if you have an issue with running firefox…

• @megaman said

i decided to try out the new firefox 57 just for the heck of it and wow! what a mess! dont even know what to say anymore about firefox. they destroyed what once was a great browser!

Could you elaborate on this? Though I m using Qupzilla as my main browser, I occasionally give the Fox a chance. To me, it surely is a better performing browser than before. Vvvvery snappy and responsive (especially after its update).

firefox44 dead3 Posts 77Views 8553
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.