• Can't change Ibus input method in qt applications

As the title says I can’t change Ibus input method (to pinyin in my case) when using qt applications such as Telegram.
    I’ve already installed ibus-qt but that didn’t help. I’ve also added to the .bashrc file the strings Ibus says when opening it but no luck.

If I run Telegram with the command QT_IM_MODULE=ibus /usr/bin/telegram-desktop it works, but that’s not something really comfortable as I’d like to have it enabled by default.

I’m using XFCE if it helps.

• I checked the Arch wiki page for ibus. Looks like that the pinyin input method is not supported (anymore). The Pinyin wiki shows that it was last updated in 2015 - version 1.5.0-5. The same version as in the repositories.
    Also have a look at this page. The article is from 2014 though, and may be outdated.

Have you tried to use Fcitx? It works better than ibus for me—using Mosc for Japanese input.

Never to old to learn.

• I have tried Fcitx but when I type in no input candidates for chinese come up.

Also have a look at this page. The article is from 2014 though, and may be outdated.

I also tried this but no luck for me.

I’ve tried installing Gnome and it seems like that with it Ibus is working fine so that may be a problem related to Xfce?

• Gnome seems to use ibus by default, but GTK sometimes has problems with it.

Have a look at the Arch Wiki
    The Wiki also notes that IbusPinyin may not work and that you have to install: ibus-libpinyin.

Never to old to learn.

Posts 4Views 70