• Udev rule for mounting removable drives under /media/$user

Dear all,

coming from Debian, I have several scripts that assume external media are auto-mounted dynamically under /media/$user/LABEL instead of /run/media/$user/LABEL.

I did find a rule to mount the drives under /media/LABEL but I’d like to get the $user in there. Of course I could change all the scripts, but that would make them unusable under my dual boot LMDE.

Simplest would be of course to make an symlink from /media to /run/media. That works for about 80% but some scripts (e.g. conky) actually check the device is mounted on a specific mountpoint.

Thanks!

Dell Latitude E6230 with Intel i7, 8GB RAM, 500 GB SSD
    dual boot: Antergos and Debian Stretch both 64bit and running gnome-shell
    surviving in a Windows world with VMware WS and Codeweavers Crossover

• Dear all,

coming from Debian, I have several scripts that assume external media are auto-mounted dynamically under /media/$user/LABEL instead of /run/media/$user/LABEL.

I did find a rule to mount the drives under /media/LABEL but I’d like to get the $user in there. Of course I could change all the scripts, but that would make them unusable under my dual boot LMDE.

Simplest would be of course to make an symlink from /media to /run/media. That works for about 80% but some scripts (e.g. conky) actually check the device is mounted on a specific mountpoint.

Thanks!

• Hi,

Arch follows upstream for most configurations so you’ll probably have to copy and then edit your scripts accordingly.

Cheers!

• Yeah, I figured that since I didn’t find any solution by searching the web. So far, things are working, so the pressure on following this further is low

Cheers!

Posts 4Views 781