• nvidia update breaks Wine

The new Nvidia driver 387 has broken my games. They ask for Directx 8 or above. All were working fine using 384.90 (which Nvidia still says is correct for my card) but I cant find this anymore. The games also all work fine using Nouveau but the noisy fan drives me crazy.

So at the moment I seem to have 2 choices - 1. carry on with Nouveau where everything works & figure out how to quieten the fan (fancontrol doesn’t show fan running at all) or 2. find NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-384.90.pkg.tar.gz to download.

Anyone offer any help?

• It was many times said, ALA keeps all Arch packages with the depth of roughly 6-8 years.

In particular, nVidia packages from 325.15-10 to 387.12-3 are kept on the n/nvidia page. Including nvidia-384.90-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz package.

Older nVidia packages - from 304xx to 340xx - are also available in ALA, on the n page.

• @just I knew there was an archive somewhere but every search I tried lead me nowhere. Thanks for the link 👍 I will see if 384 fixes it or whether there is now a conflict between Nvidia & Wine.

• This post is deleted!
    • download from ALA all needed dependencies as well
    • place the main package and all dependencies in the same local folder
    • run sudo pacman -U main-package
    • pacman will search for missing deps in the local folder
  • @just Installed both Nvidia 384 & Nvidia-utils 384 but all I got was black screen on reboot. This was all working fine last week.

• I would be happy if I could make the fan run quiet (as it does using Nvidia) with Nouveau. I tried what Keegan suggested in the laptop post (I have a desktop) to install thinkfan, fancontrol-gui, and fancontrol-common. But there is no control of the fan that I could see. Just says fan 0rpm.

• Just to close this off, I tried everything I could find & clearly my back up with Nouveau from 3-4 weeks ago was somehow incompatible / in conflict with a fresh install of Nvidia (kernel?). I did a fresh install of Antergos & all is right with the world again. Nvidia works & so do my games.
    I will mark this as solved but really it is just resolved.

Posts 8Views 844
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.