• Encrypted ZFS Installation Rollback after upgrade.

My Antergos installation updated this morning and I was greeted upon restart with the “Bailing out, you are on your own. Good Luck.” error message of ZFS not successfully installing as a module.

I’ve tried using the forums for answers and have tried to rebuild the kernel using the following posted solutions but am unsure how to mount the encrypted pool to modify. Any help getting access to the drive would be grately appreciated.

• That article is great for recovering the file system and rebuilding the kernel but my problem seems to be with mounting the encrypted drive from the live CD. I don’t get a prompt to type in my password after trying to mount the ZFS pool. I’m currently using the – cryptsetup luksOpen – command as I setup disc encryption at installation.

• @doomanix said in Encrypted ZFS Installation Rollback after upgrade.:

I don’t get a prompt to type in my password after trying to mount the ZFS pool

It will not prompt you automatic if you do a manual mounting…

@doomanix said in Encrypted ZFS Installation Rollback after upgrade.:

I’m currently using the – cryptsetup luksOpen – command

exactly what command? and what exactly do you want to do?
    Do you want to recover your files? or do you want to get the system back to boot?

• I’ve successfully rebuilt the Kernel and installed the ZFS modules into my system. Upon reboot I’m told I can import my ZFS Pool using the “zpool import -f” command followed by the numerical ID of the pool. Attempting to do this first gives me an error stating that the “/ is not empty” so it’s unable to be mounted. I then try to mount the pool with “ZFS mount – #ID – /” before I’m given the error “Pool is in use by another system”. My main hope is to mount my Filesystems in order to boot the operating system.

• @doomanix Hi, I just saw this post. This is usually caused because there seems to be a bug when pamac builds the ZFS kernel modules before first building the SPL modules.

If you are still stuck in the same situation (which I doubt), then you can use:
    zpool import -f pool-name -R /new_root
    zpool export -f pool-name
    reboot

Now it should work. If you’re interested I have a little script I made, that rebuilds and reinstalls the SPL modules before the ZFS modules. [0_1511555114337_kernfix](Uploading 100%)

installation292 zfs44 encrypted11 rollback1 Posts 7Views 995
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.