• Mega systray icon not showing at startup

Hi,

I’ve trying everything to show up the megasync icon but it doesn’t show. The only way I achieved to make it work is killing the process and restarting it, but I don’t want to do it everytime I startup.

I tried delaying it in the .desktop file, but instead, it doesn’t even launch.

Any guess about what could be happening?

Thanks!

• Hi fnc,

which desktop you are using? In GNOME 3.26 the developers decided to remove the functionality for systray icons (the API was removed I think so).

Torsten (xedoc)

• Upps! I forgot to say that.

I’m using GNOME 3.26 with TopIcons extensions so everything should be showing up. When I restart megasync, the icon appears where it should be.

• @fnc said in Mega systray icon not showing at startup:

I tried delaying it in the .desktop file, but instead, it doesn’t even launch.

I guess the entry in the desktop file is not correct.

• This is the .desktop file without any delay, it does launch megasync but no icon appears.

[Desktop Entry]
    Type=Application
    Version=1.0
    GenericName=File Synchronizer
    Name=MEGASync
    Comment=Easy automated syncing between your computers and your MEGA cloud drive.
    TryExec=megasync
    Exec=megasync
    Icon=mega
    Terminal=false
    Categories=Network;System;
    StartupNotify=false
    X-GNOME-Autostart-Delay=60

This is the .desktop file I tried with the delay, it does not even launch megasync in the background.

[Desktop Entry]
    Type=Application
    Version=1.0
    GenericName=File Synchronizer
    Name=MEGASync
    Comment=Easy automated syncing between your computers and your MEGA cloud drive.
    TryExec=sh -c "sleep 20 && megasync &"
    Exec=sh -c "sleep 20 && megasync &"
    Icon=mega
    Terminal=false
    Categories=Network;System;
    StartupNotify=false
    X-GNOME-Autostart-Delay=60

• TryExec Path to an executable file on disk used to determine if the program is actually installed. If the path is not an absolute path, the file is looked up in the $PATH environment variable. If the file is not present or if it is not executable, the entry may be ignored (not be used in menus, for example).

Delete the entry or take the original TryExec value.

• @Noel said in Mega systray icon not showing at startup:

TryExec Path to an executable file on disk used to determine if the program is actually installed. If the path is not an absolute path, the file is looked up in the $PATH environment variable. If the file is not present or if it is not executable, the entry may be ignored (not be used in menus, for example).

Delete the entry or take the original TryExec value.

So, TryExec just checks if the package is installed, right?
    That was the error I was having. Now it works ok.

Thanks!

icon32 systray3 mega1 showing7 Posts 7Views 170