• Can't get Citrix Receiver to Work: Need it

So I am attempting to move from Ubuntu to Antergos. Citrix Receiver is required. I have installed it both via the AUR and via direct tarball download from Citrix. In both instances, I get what appears to be a clean install – with no issues. And I can add the desired server correctly. However, when I try to open the connection through Citrix Receiver, I get no response (i.e., nothing happens).

When I try to open the connection via Citrix Receiver Engine, I get the error:

File not found

Cannot find the file: ((null)).  Please check your installation, or contact your help desk.

I have installed and uninstalled about 10 times. I tried it on a USB install; a hard drive install; and the live USB. Same error every time. This issue does not present in Ubuntu (in my experience). Any idea what the issue is or how to remedy?

• @Archer said in Can't get Citrix Receiver to Work: Need it:

or contact your help desk

;)

do you try to install also optional deps?

sudo pacman -S xerces-c webkitgtk2

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @Archer
    From you error message I cannot see any file or package name.
    Do you know or have any way to find out the name of the file/package the error is about?

• Try the Arch wiki site on citrix: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/citrix

• Thanks @joekamprad. I tried it with xerces-c. But webkitgtk2 wouldn’t install from the terminal or from the AUR.

@joekamprad said in Can't get Citrix Receiver to Work: Need it:

do you try to install also optional deps?
    sudo pacman -S xerces-c webkitgtk2

• https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/webkitgtk/?comments=all

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• I tried that and got a crazy long, seemingly looped, issue after downloading, extracting, building, and then installing (see below). Actually, the first comment on the link you provided (https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/webkitgtk/?comments=all) has the same issue.

../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/SlotVisitorInlines.h:92:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(ALLOCATION_LOGGING)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/SlotVisitorInlines.h:97:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(GC_VALIDATION)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/SlotVisitorInlines.h:149:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(PARALLEL_GC)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/SlotVisitorInlines.h:167:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(PARALLEL_GC)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/SlotVisitorInlines.h:188:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(PARALLEL_GC)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/SlotVisitorInlines.h:243:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(GGC)
     ^~~~~~~~~~
    ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/JavaScriptCore/heap/SlotVisitorInlines.h:253:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(COMPARE_AND_SWAP)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from ./DerivedSources/WebCore/JSSQLResultSetRowList.h:27:0,
                     from ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/JSSQLResultSetRowListCustom.cpp:33:
    ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/WebCore/Modules/webdatabase/SQLResultSetRowList.h:32:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(SQL_DATABASE)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    In file included from ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/WebCore/dom/ExceptionCode.h:23:0,
                     from ../webkitgtk-2.4.11/Source/WebCore/bindings/js/JSSQLResultSetRowListCustom.cpp:35:
    ./DerivedSources/WebCore/ExceptionCodeDescription.h:38:1: warning: this use of "defined" may not be portable [-Wexpansion-to-defined]
     #if ENABLE(BLOB)
     ^~~~~~~~~~~

@joekamprad said in Can't get Citrix Receiver to Work: Need it:

https://aur.archlinux.org/pkgbase/webkitgtk/?comments=all

• I decided to run the Citrix Receiver application command from the terminal (/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/selfservice --icaroot /opt/Citrix/ICAClient), to get the response if any. It looks like @joekamprad, you are on the right track. The error is: selfservice is unable to find a compatible webkit library and will now exit.

So I need to figure out how to install a webkit library. But webkitgtk seems to have a compile issue. I did try the suggested workaround:

yaourt -S downgrade
    # if you're manjaro user, downgrade won't work without NOARM=0
    downgrade webkitgtk2
    # select anything, e.g. 1
    # then answer Y to 'add webkitgtk2 to IgnorePkg?'

But no joy.

• I installed and ran citrix without issues from the downlaod at
    https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver/linux/receiver-for-linux-latest.html
    linuxx64-13.4.0.10109380.tar.gz
    Then I installed it using the ./setupwfc run as root. To install the certificates:
    [code]

Certificates

cd /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/keystore/cacerts/
    cp /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt .
    awk ‘BEGIN {c=0;} /BEGIN CERT/{c++} { print > “cert.” c “.pem”}’ < ca-certificates.crt
    [/quote]
    Don’t remember whether I had to add dependencies, but I do not have any xerces-c package, whereas webkit packages all are from the standard repositories (webkit2gtk, qt5-webkit).

• Thank you for checking and staying with this.

Question: did you do so on a clean install of Antergos? I’m guessing you already had the dependencies installed from your prior modifications, whereas the clean install does not. Unfortunately, it does not work on my clean install.

Also, please note that the latest Receiver version is 13.7.0 - not 13.4.0.

Admittedly, I’m not familiar (coming from Ubuntu) with Antergos’ package management system. Is it not the case that dependencies for an application are either flagged or automatically installed when installed from the AUR? I recognize they wouldn’t be from the tarball, but I had installed from the AUR first.

All of the dependencies (listed on the AUR page) are installed – but it is still throwing the same webkit error. Will uninstall and reinstall one more time.

• This was a clean install of Antergos. I used the tarbal from citrix. I probably had to install some dependencies as indicated from error messages of the install script, but unfortunately, I did not take note of that. Installing from AUR indeed should automatically pull in the required dependencies.

• I see there is also a package icaclient-old. This is 13.4.1, which I installed back in April also coming from Ubuntu. Perhaps try that one.

• Aargh. Not sure what to do here. I have tried both the newer and older versions in the AUR and the newer and older versions of the tarball. These aren’t complicated installs – so I don’t know what I could have messed up. But I get the same error as before.

I found a Manjaro forum with the same error, but they seem to have resolved it by installing webkitgtk2 (they got a different error after that.

Perhaps someone can post the best way to install webkitgtk2? I am currently doing it from scratch (after trying it from AUR), but that will take about 3 more hours to complete.

I’m growing fond of Antergos, but without Citrix it won’t be a viable solution.

• Well, I’m at a loss. I installed WebKitGTK±2.18.1 from scratch. I also installed it from the AUR using the alternative instructions. Neither worked. Attached is a picture showing the two webkits installed. But I’m still getting the error starting Citrix.

Please let me know if there is something else I can try?

0_1509317498150_webkit.png

• Appreciate the suggestion @judd. That would be regressing to a 2014 build of Citrix, but it didn’t work. I get a new webkit error: libwebkit: libwebkit-1.0.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

@judd said in Can't get Citrix Receiver to Work: Need it:

https://www.linuxserver.io/2015/07/17/citrix-receiver-13-1-icaclient-on-arch-linux/

• I installed the Citrix Receiver extension in Chromium. No hassle or installations otherwise required.

:-)

• Thanks @matthias. I also can get the extension for Chromium to work. But it is the Citrix Receiver application that I am interested in.

@matthias said in Can't get Citrix Receiver to Work: Need it:

I installed the Citrix Receiver extension in Chromium. No hassle or installations otherwise required.

:-)

• I am going to mark this as solved, in air quotes. Citrix Receiver does work in my install – but only when launched from a browser, such as Chromium. After logging in via Chromium, the .ica file that is downloaded is properly opened via Citrix Receiver and runs the “full version” Receiver as opposed to the “light version.” In other words, it launches the Citrix Receiver application instead of using HTML5 inside the browser.

What I don’t understand is why I can’t start Receiver from the applications directory or the terminal (/opt/Citrix/ICAClient/selfservice) without getting a webkit error:

selfservice is unable to find a compatible webkit library and will now exit

But it doesn’t appear this is something I can fix on Antergos.

Posts 19Views 481