• Deepin ISO Refresh - Coming Soon (as in, before another month goes by)

@Keegan said in ISO Refresh - Coming Soon (as in, before another month goes by):

I wonder why that is though… does anyone know why Linux came to be more widely used in Europe than other parts of the world?

Well not sure why exactly, but

• Linux was originally developed by Linus Torvalds in Finland (a country in Northern Europe)
    • Linux has been quite popular e.g. in Germany and many other European countries, especially in universities and scientific institutions
    • there is a natural need to have a real competition against Microsoft and Apple operating systems and applications

But as you know, Linux kernel is used in Android, too… So that alone makes Linux a worldwide thing nearly everybody uses.

• @manuel said in ISO Refresh - Coming Soon (as in, before another month goes by):

Linux was originally developed by Linus Torvalds in Finland (a country in Northern Europe)

Thank you @manuel! I actually didn’t know that Linus Torvalds was from Europe until now😀.

• @Keegan
    His nationality is Finnish, and he created Linux while studying at Helsinki University in the early 1990s.
    EDIT: hehe… his name is Linus, not Linux… ;)

• @manuel said in ISO Refresh - Coming Soon (as in, before another month goes by):

EDIT: hehe… his name is Linus, not Linux…

hehehehe… sorry about that😄. It was a typo! I’m just so used to typing out “Linux” that I accidentally did so instead of “Linus”.

And thank you for saying something. I think I’m going to have to edit my post up there…

• @Keegan Yup, I guessed that was a typo, I make them all the time… and sometimes correct them afterwards if I’m able to spot them. :)

• @Keegan said in ISO Refresh - Coming Soon (as in, before another month goes by):

does anyone know why Linux came to be more widely used in Europe than other parts of the world?

Because in Europe we historically have the following mindset:

Liberte, egalite, fraternite

• @es20490446e
    Bild Text
    Peace, joy and pancakes

• John Lennon would say:

Make love and not war …

• @judd En Unión y Libertad ;)

• Hey there guys😀.

One last problem has cropped up in the new ISO making it impossible to boot successfully after install. @karasu and I are trying to figure this one out, but it may be a week or so. Just please be patient, I’m doing what I can. Once this issue is resolved though, we should be all good to go!

Thank you for all of your patience here, and hopefully this issue can be solved sooner rather than later. As soon as my new ISO is out, I’ll make sure to let everyone here know!

Thank you🙂.

• I was about to told you that! That the Deepin ISO doesn’t boot on my computer :o

• Oh no! A problem. Testing now! I will share anything I find in the event that it’s helpful.

• Testing now! I will share anything I find in the event that it’s helpful.

Thank you so much @Palanthis😀. Any info you can five would be invaluable. I have been trying to solve this issue for several weeks!

I was about to told you that! That the Deepin ISO doesn’t boot on my computer ⭕

Hmmm… I had thought it was my ISO that was teh problem, but maybe it’s actually one of the packages…
    What are your computer’s specs @es20490446e? Is it legacy? Are you installing via Virtualbox? (I’ve been testing it through there, so perhaps the issue lies with Virtualbox?) Would you happen to know when this problem cropped up for you?

Thanks, and sorry for all of the questions😄. I really appreciate any feedback or suggestions anyone can give.

• It’s bare metal, and it’s able to boot any other USB Linux drives I had tested.

It uses an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU and a Radeon HD5870 GPU.

• Hmmm… so it wouldn’t even boot for you? Or was the problem post-install? If it refused to even boot, perhaps I should re-make that ISO, just with the packages updated for people to use until I figure my new one out here.

Thank you so much😀.

• After passing the GRUB menu, the screen just stays black (not blank).

• Strange. For me it pops up, but does not have the correct UUID. This really sounds like something to look into… (End of the day over here, maybe tomorrow?)

See you then!

• Have a nice computerish night ;)

• We are talking about http://www.mediafire.com/file/t0bybqm6tbforjy/antergos-deepin-17.9.21-x86_64.iso right?

On first boot, the default DE was not selected by the login window, I changed it to Deepin and I was able to log in successfully.

• @Keegan Anything new for the xfce users?

Posts 85Views 5002
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.