• OBS Studio screen tearing problems on Intel GPU

I do a lot of screen capturing/recording and I have had a lot of problems with OBS Studio and other video recorders. When I record, the video will sometimes cut parts of the screen and show the applications behind that window. This seems to be more of a Linux issue but it is very frustrating.

0_1509044776116_Screenshot from 2017-10-26 13-05-59.png

System specifications:

• Ram: 8GB
    • Gpu: Intel HD integrated graphics 3000
    • Cpu: Intel Core i5 2600
  • @manuel I actually did this before and it still doesn’t seem to do much.

• @CadenMitchell
    Then sorry, out of ideas…

• @joekamprad In my experience with Easy ScreenCast, it doesn’t work. It still has screen tearing once in a while and it doesn’t seem to be able to record screen, mic, and desktop audio simultaneously. I didn’t have a problem with this in Zorin OS 12, should I maybe add the “tear-free true” to another file?

• /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf should be the place, you need only to follow the formatting rules

Section "Device"
            Identifier  "Intel Graphics"
    	Driver      "intel"
    	Option "TearFree" "true"
    EndSection

• @joekamprad I still get the tearing/flickering issue. Are there any other settings that may help? Perhaps OBS settings of some sort?

Edit: I also wanted to point out that I have absolutely no screen tearing visible on my computer, just in the recording. When I was using KDE Manjaro the most common places to tear were the panels and the widgets such as when I open the application menu.

This video shows the problem completely:

https://youtu.be/Wsi-SjwGudw?t=221

In this video, the screen tearing started after the file menu popped up.

intel39 tearing10 studio4 obs3 Posts 8Views 1765
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.