• Loopback crackling sound with motherboard audio.

Hello all,

Just moved from Arch to Antergos because I have had difficulties installing it on my new desktop. Anyway I like to play my PC audio and PS4 audio from my speakers when I play so I can listen to music or talk to friends on discord while playing - to do this I plug the TV output into my PC’s audio in port on the motherboard. Then run:

pactl load-module module-loopback latency_msec=1

which plays back the audio input through my speakers with everything else and I can use my PC as a mixer and in the past this has worked brilliantly but on my new PC I get this crackling noise and it’s only when I have loaded this module - normal audio use works fine, no crackling. When this module is loaded and I unplug the audio cable it still crackles. I feel this is an audio incompatibility with pulse audio or something. I’ve looked for solutions online but nothing is really working.

Any help would be appreciated!

• as i can see here on my system sometimes alsa is going nuts at the moment… i can solve this using alsamixer and set volumes down because they are on maximum, also mic and line in…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

sound44 crackling2 motherboard3 loopback1 Posts 2Views 73