• Loopback crackling sound with motherboard audio.

Hello all,

Just moved from Arch to Antergos because I have had difficulties installing it on my new desktop. Anyway I like to play my PC audio and PS4 audio from my speakers when I play so I can listen to music or talk to friends on discord while playing - to do this I plug the TV output into my PC’s audio in port on the motherboard. Then run:

pactl load-module module-loopback latency_msec=1

which plays back the audio input through my speakers with everything else and I can use my PC as a mixer and in the past this has worked brilliantly but on my new PC I get this crackling noise and it’s only when I have loaded this module - normal audio use works fine, no crackling. When this module is loaded and I unplug the audio cable it still crackles. I feel this is an audio incompatibility with pulse audio or something. I’ve looked for solutions online but nothing is really working.

Any help would be appreciated!

• as i can see here on my system sometimes alsa is going nuts at the moment… i can solve this using alsamixer and set volumes down because they are on maximum, also mic and line in…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    how to add system logs:
    wget http://bit.ly/2GCG9k2 && sh 2GCG9k2
    i3-°-GNOME <-- yes i just switch back!

sound50 motherboard3 crackling2 loopback1 Posts 2Views 213
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.