• Gnome System Requirements

Hi I am new for linux and ı wanna install Arch Linux. But its so hard for me. So i gonna install Antergos but i have some questions.
    These are my hardware;
    *Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 2.93 Ghz
    *Ati Radeon HD 6350
    *2GB of RAM

Now, can i install Gnome Antergos 32-bit with this system?? It will be performance?

Please help me!!

• 32-bit is not supported, but the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 supports 64-bit.
    With 2GB of RAM you can run also GNOME for normal stuff like surfing the net e.t.c. but stuff like videostreaming over internet, Games e.t.c. will bring machine to its limits very fast… (more detailed: System without load will take around 600MB and if you open a modern browser like firefox chromium e.t.c. and start opening 5 tabs and watching youtube video it will rise up to 2GB very easy…)

I would install at least 4GB if possible or take something more slick like xfce > openbox

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in Gnome System Requirements:

32-bit is not supported, but the Intel Pentium Dual-Core E6500 supports 64-bit.
    With 2GB of RAM you can run also GNOME for normal stuff like surfing the net e.t.c. but stuff like videostreaming over internet, Games e.t.c. will bring machine to its limits very fast… (more detailed: System without load will take around 600MB and if you open a modern browser like firefox cromium e.t.c. and start opening 5 tabs and watching youtube video it will rise up to 2GB very easy…)

I do not have a chance to raise Ram right now. Do you have any information about Manjaro? How do I get performance if I install its Gnome version in 32-bit mode? What kind of system is Manjaro meanwhile? Have I made a mistake by installing Manjaro?

• what for you want 32 bit? 64 bit will give some boost… and a slick system, what as far as i know Manjaro is not… it is overloaded… Antergos is more slick, as it comes with a minimal configuration and a little number of preinstalled programms.

My wife have system with the same specs as you got, with xfce installed and doing fine, but she have to take care to not open to much tabs, and she do not play games… but watching streaming works nicely but load is high on CPU and also RAM, often it needs to take swap …

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• My ancient testing machine:

System:    Host: desktop Kernel: 4.13.6-1-ARCH x86_64 bits: 64 gcc: 7.2.0
               Desktop: Budgie 10.4-8-gff09a510 (Gtk 3.22.24)
               Distro: Antergos Linux
    Machine:   Device: desktop Mobo: ECS model: Livermore8 v: 1.0 serial: N/A
               BIOS: American Megatrends v: 5.19 date: 09/03/2007
    CPU:       Dual core Intel Pentium D (-MCP-)
               arch: Netburst Prescott rev.5 cache: 2048 KB
               flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3) bmips: 12004
               clock speeds: max: 3000 MHz 1: 3000 MHz 2: 3000 MHz
    Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA GT218 [GeForce 210] bus-ID: 01:00.0
               Display Server: N/A
               drivers: nvidia (unloaded: modesetting,fbdev,vesa)
               tty size: 80x24

Runs quite well with Budgie desktop. It also looks not bad.

0_1508623981446_Przechwycenie obrazu ekranu_2017-10-22_00-12-44.png

Could you please check out my game?

• @JackYellow Manjaro, Arch and Antergos do not support 32-bit install.
    But you should install Debian Xfce stable 32-bit, it suits well to your machine.

• As we are, another example of a machine of 32 bits with 1 GB of ram of the year 2008 with a unique Kernel LTS y OpenBox.
    Acer Aspire One D-270 Netbook
    Still works wonders !!!

0_1508629551752_32bitios.png
    0_1508629567714_32bitios1.png
    0_1508630390733_glances con Acer.png
    0_1508630407408_inxi.png

• https://ark.intel.com/en/products/42805/Intel-Pentium-Processor-E6500-2M-Cache-2_93-GHz-1066-FSB
    Intel® 64 = Yes

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @JackYellow
    Why do you want to have 32-bit instead of 64-bit?

• @JackYellow

It is not clear what are you going to install. Antergos and Manjaro are different one from another.

From Antergos forum:

Hi I am new for linux and ı wanna install Arch Linux. But its so hard for me. So i gonna install Antergos…

From Manjaro forum:

Hi I am new for linux and ı wanna install Arch Linux. But its so hard for me. So i gonna install Manjaro…

Please, avoid cross-posting in the future. It is not appreciated, in any forum.

• robots everywhere :(

howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

requirements2 system73 gnome243 Posts 11Views 293