• Broke Dual Boot System (Windows10 and Antergos)

@joekamprad

Yes, I think so also, this probably is the root cause for the failure.
    So the last command should be like:

grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id=antergos_grub

and then command like:

grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

and reboot.

• @manuel said in Broke Dual Boot System (Windows10 and Antergos):

antergos_grub

as far as i know Id will be what ever you put tehre… so also –bootloader-id=nonetheless should work, but i can be wrong here…

• @joekamprad
    You are probably right. That’s why I asked the output of ‘find …’ to see where all *.efi files are.

• either it is at writing rights problem, or it is written to the wrong place, so the EFI bootloader can read the old entry only… but may also if you put the same ID as the one already there it can overwrite this one and you can boot up… SO I AM OUT OF MORE IDEAS…

• @a4orce84

What does your system do if you just select ‘antergos_grub’ from the boot menu?
    That was in your link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/xs7xc62p83d8t28/Screenshot 2017-10-20 17.14.17.png?dl=0

• @manuel

@manuel said in Broke Dual Boot System (Windows10 and Antergos):

@a4orce84
    Sorry, I wasn’t clear, I meant the output after the mount of efi directory, too.

Here is the output you requested:

[[email protected] ~]$ sudo su
    [[email protected] antergos]# mount /dev/nvme0n1p5 /mnt
    [[email protected] antergos]# mount /dev/nvme0n1p2 /mnt/boot/efi
    [[email protected] antergos]# arch-chroot /mnt
    [[email protected] /]# find /boot -name *.efi -exec ls -l {} ;
    -rw-r–r-- 1 root root 122880 Oct 22 01:42 /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/core.efi
    -rw-r–r-- 1 root root 122880 Oct 22 01:42 /boot/grub/x86_64-efi/grub.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1224608 Sep 18 15:30 /boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgfw.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1209752 Sep 18 16:15 /boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/bootmgr.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1056672 Sep 18 15:34 /boot/efi/EFI/Microsoft/Boot/memtest.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1224608 Sep 18 15:30 /boot/efi/EFI/Boot/bootx64.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 122880 Oct 22 2017 /boot/efi/EFI/antergos_grub/grubx64.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 122880 Oct 20 18:00 /boot/efi/EFI/Antergos-grub/grubx64.efi

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thanks!

• @a4orce84 Well, did you try the other suggestions that I made on this second page of this thread?

• @a4orce84 said in Broke Dual Boot System (Windows10 and Antergos):

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 122880 Oct 22 2017 /boot/efi/EFI/antergos_grub/grubx64.efi
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 122880 Oct 20 18:00 /boot/efi/EFI/Antergos-grub/grubx64.efi

as you can see both entries are there, the old one named antergos_grub and the new one Antergos-grub

but EFI/Bios does not get the info about the new entry… ?

• It might be easiest just to reinstall everything, first Windows, then Antergos.

• Hey Guys,

So mini-update, I think you are right…it looks like it added both entrees to my boot menu here:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcxm1lmvkqvu7ry/Screenshot 2017-10-22 17.34.01.png?dl=0

But it appears that even when selecting the new ‘antergos-grub’ it does the same thing (both Antergos and Win10 fails).

Any last “hell mary” suggestions? Nothing left to lose…if we can’t get it, I’ll probably start over tomorrow with a fresh install of both OS’'s unfortunately.

@manuel - Let me know if I missed one of your suggestions. I think you just wanted the output of the Boot Options Menu, and make sure the results of each grub menu entree?

Thanks again guys, I appreciate everyone’s time and help so far!

• @a4orce84
    No more ideas how to fix unfortunately. But depending on what kind of usage you have, one of the operating systems could be a Virtual machine, thus eliminating all dual boot problems.

boot320 system143 dual40 broke25 Posts 31Views 2991
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.