• Issue : Character ^@ is always pressed

Hi everyone,
    I’m using Antergos with Openbox since 5 or 6 months and it was working well until now. It seems that a key is always pressed. Almost everything seems to work well but some programs are affected (i.e. Pinta is selects back lasso tool a second after I choose another tool). When I jump to tty, the characters ^@ are printed in screen continuously with a 1 second delay.
    I tried using another keyboard but the issue persist.
    I ran another distro (knoppix, I think) and everything worked ok.

I wanted to ask you before reinstalling.
    Thank you in advance.

PS: I open this topic in “Newbie Corner” because it did not fit in any other subforums. I hope it’s ok.

• Do you have the proper keyboard layout selected? If you have a US keyboard and you have GB keyboard selected it may think that you’re pressing a key that’s not there. If you have a Mac you would have an entirely different keyboard layout even if you have an English US keyboard. Also, ^ means Ctrl key or Alt key. I wasn’t able to get any keyboard shortcut that types ^@. What is the lasso shortcut in your program?

character2 pressed1 Posts 2Views 382
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.