• Could you please check out my game?

@joekamprad Excellent, thanks!

• Yay !!! I really like the new look😀.

• After hours of terrible torture, I finally managed to prepare a .deb package. Does anyone have in range a machine running Ubuntu 17.10 or something like this? I’d be grateful if you could download and install http://nwg.pl/eist/download/eist-returns-1.0.0-2.deb. It’s bigger than the Arch package, since the damned JavaFX refuses to play mp3 on Ubuntu, and I had to use the .wav format for soundtracks. :/

Thanks in advance to anyone who devotes their time!

0_1510627265064_Przechwycenie obrazu ekranu_2017-11-14_03-25-52.png

• I would love to, but sadly I don’t have an Ubuntu machine laying around anywhere😞. Hopefully someone else can though !!!

• @Keegan said in Could you please check out my game?:

I don’t have an Ubuntu machine laying around anywhere

Haha! I had to install Xubuntu on my ancient testing machine. While on Ubuntu 17.10 (Gnome), it was unable even to animate the cursor fluently. :)

OK, I launched it on VM at the office, and it worked. And who the hell cares of .deb packages? ;)

• @piotr said in Could you please check out my game?:

OK, I launched it on VM at the office, and it worked.

Yay! Good to hear😀.

• Not that I think someone cares, but this should be announced: I’ve just changed the player password encryption to MD5, and from now on it’s as much safe, as unrecoverable. :) Current player accounts have been migrated (hope I made no mistakes!), but all the players will have to install the updated AUR package (1.0.1-1), log out and log in again.

One more thing to mention: all the non-Arch builds now available in one place: https://nwg.itch.io/eist-returns

• Yay !!! Thank you so much @piotr😀. I think I’ll add your game to my repo…

I think I’ll add your game to my repo…

Definitely you should! ;) Seriously: I’d be grateful. The desktop version is better than what I wrote for Android, but still needs some players.

• @piotr said in Could you please check out my game?:

Definitely you should! Seriously: I’d be grateful.

Of course😀. While I am absolutely terrible at games in general (I’ve never even been able to win Monopoly😄) I would love to add your game to my repo so that hopefully more users can enjoy your hard work. My repo will be automatically included in every installment of my next release (coming up in hopefully a week or two) and so hundreds of users should at least come into contact with it, whether they download it or not.

I do have a question though:
    While I would like to include your game, it seems like it would also be a difficult task to keep it up to date all of the time. I would rather not fall behind your current version in the AUR, even if it is only for a day or so. Is there some way I can set up my PKGBUILD so that it grabs your latest release on Github and thus always downloads the latest version? (If you use Github, I don’t actually know if you do). Or if you would prefer, perhaps we could do it some other way?

Thank you!

I am absolutely terrible at games in general

So am I! My best achievement in last 25 years was completing 40 levels of my own game. :D

Is there some way I can set up my PKGBUILD so that it grabs your latest release on Github and thus always downloads the latest version?

This should be no problem. All the files there are in the arch directory on GitHub. Just take the PKBUILD, edit the maintainers data, and whatever else you need, and skip checking the md5sums (at least for the eist-returns.jar file). Oh, well… You’d also have to remember about pkgver and pkgrel. If you know how to automate it better, please let me know.

Anyway, file paths should not change, since the game is no longer under heavy development. Possible bug fixes won’t change much, since all the code and resources have been packed into the jar file.

Let me know what you think.

• @Keegan Ha! You might have logged in for the game to have one more player! ;)

Thanks! Wish I had one more machine on my desk to watch your release progress. One way or another, I’ll install it when ready.

• Thank you very much, @piotr😀.

Hopefully it helps!

game10 Posts 34Views 2248
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.