• Antergos doesn't boot past the /dev/sdx clean screen

I recently installed Antergos on my laptop as a dual boot to test it out. I installed the Evopop themes on the Gnome desktop environment and everything was working fine. I got Minecraft working and that was great. Today it just stopped working though. I didn’t install any new updates or anything, it just hangs at the part where it says that the /dev/sda6 was cleaned. I don’t know if this caused it but I tried to reboot and it was doing that annoying thing Gnome does sometimes where it has the red *'s and it has some sort of stop job. It wanted me to wait a minute and nineteen seconds but I needed to use my computer fast so I powered it off with the power button. After I powered it on again it wouldn’t boot past the /dev/sda6 cleaned line. I did Ctrl+Alt+F2 and said startx but it wouldn’t start. I also have Zorin OS 12 on another partition in case it would be easier to fix that way. Can anyone help?

Edit: I edited the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf file to turn on natural scrolling but I did it all wrong.

Check out my art website @https://sites.google.com/site/sidedvirusartandanimation/home ;)

• I found a fix. I forgot to mention that I had edited my Synaptics driver earlier to turn on natural scrolling. I just pasted the text into the synaptics config and saved it thinking it would only affect my touchpad if I put it in wrong. The result was Xorg not being able to start. When I switched to tty2 and typed startx it had a lot of text but I was able to make out my file I’d made in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ in a file I called “new-50-synaptics.conf” and that it was the only error. I did sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/new-50-synaptics.conf and removed the piece I’d added. I typed startx again and it worked. I later added the same piece again but properly and with a section identifier and it worked. Now I have natural scrolling and I can use my PC! I hope that that because I looked at a lot of other forum posts about similar topics and none of them had this fix.

Check out my art website @https://sites.google.com/site/sidedvirusartandanimation/home ;)

Posts 2Views 81