• Antergos doesn't boot past the /dev/sdx clean screen

I recently installed Antergos on my laptop as a dual boot to test it out. I installed the Evopop themes on the Gnome desktop environment and everything was working fine. I got Minecraft working and that was great. Today it just stopped working though. I didn’t install any new updates or anything, it just hangs at the part where it says that the /dev/sda6 was cleaned. I don’t know if this caused it but I tried to reboot and it was doing that annoying thing Gnome does sometimes where it has the red *'s and it has some sort of stop job. It wanted me to wait a minute and nineteen seconds but I needed to use my computer fast so I powered it off with the power button. After I powered it on again it wouldn’t boot past the /dev/sda6 cleaned line. I did Ctrl+Alt+F2 and said startx but it wouldn’t start. I also have Zorin OS 12 on another partition in case it would be easier to fix that way. Can anyone help?

Edit: I edited the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-synaptics.conf file to turn on natural scrolling but I did it all wrong.

• I found a fix. I forgot to mention that I had edited my Synaptics driver earlier to turn on natural scrolling. I just pasted the text into the synaptics config and saved it thinking it would only affect my touchpad if I put it in wrong. The result was Xorg not being able to start. When I switched to tty2 and typed startx it had a lot of text but I was able to make out my file I’d made in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ in a file I called “new-50-synaptics.conf” and that it was the only error. I did sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/new-50-synaptics.conf and removed the piece I’d added. I typed startx again and it worked. I later added the same piece again but properly and with a section identifier and it worked. Now I have natural scrolling and I can use my PC! I hope that that because I looked at a lot of other forum posts about similar topics and none of them had this fix.

Posts 2Views 333
Bloom Email Optin Plugin

Looks like your connection to Antergos Community Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.