• How to install Manjaro theme and icons

Like the title says, I want to know the name of the icons and the style for window borders, and GTK programs that are used in the default Manjaro KDE theme to use in Antergos; I have the maia desktop theme but not the other elements and it looks a bit weird (to me at least) with just that and the default breeze theme for window borders and GTK programs.
    I have downloaded the theme from the official manjaro github repo, but I have yet to install a theme that I downloaded succesfully, so if any of you guys could give the name or correct instructions for installation, that would be great.

Thanks and have a good day!

• @ChryslerMike
    Hi!
    If the files are compressed only (without any installer):

• icons can be placed at ~/.icons
    • themes at ~/.themes

If the folders don’t exist simply create them, then open your configution and set the themes/icons you added.
    If you’re using KDE may you need to enable gtk theme to kde (QT)

Antergos (default OS) - WIN10 (abandoned)
    I3wm - Mate desktop
    AMD - A4 7300 Radeon graphics
    16 GB ram
    HD 1 TB
    Linux newbie since 06/2016

• Or you could install Manjaro.

(just kidding, I’m glad you’re trying Antergos).

Tell us if you have any problems installing the theme and icons.

Cheers!

• @karasu said in How to install Manjaro theme and icons:

Or you could install Manjaro.

Apart from the dual graphics issues, Manjaro stopped installing on my laptop at all some time ago. Thankfully I’ve found the system which works well for me OUTB. :)

Could you please check out my game?

• @karasu Installing Manjaro is a no go. The first and only time I tried it, it didn’t detect my Wi-fi card and I was left in the dark for the rest of the day (as I didn’t have another PC available at the time), I know that’s my fault for not having a back-up PC, but that still doesn’t eliminate the sour taste in my mouth.
    Anyway, I’ve been using Antergos for quite some time now (since the end of may of this year) and it’s great because everything just works out of the box.
    The on thing I liked about that one day experience with Manjaro was that it at least looked nice to me, and I tried installing the way one the first response said, but I just can’t get it to be detected on the system settings.

At this point I just gave up and the only reason I have the maia theme is because it was avaliable in the ‘Search for more themes’ section of the desktop themes section.

• Often, if I really like the themes or icons of another distro, I just boot it up, go to /usr/share/themes and /usr/share/icons, copy the folders of the themes I want, and then upload them to my Dropox account. That way, when I shut down and reboot into my normal OS, I can still find the themes there online and then download the for myself. Another way to go is to copy the themes and icons from the previously mentioned locations (/usr/share/themes/ & /usr/share/icons) and just paste them in your normal system directly. This can be achieved in Nautilus (and probably any other file manager too) by searching for other partitions on the side panel, clicking on ones until you find the partition with your actual system is on, and then just navigating within.

Hope this all helps and good luck:grinning:.

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• @ChryslerMike said in How to install Manjaro theme and icons:

I know that’s my fault for not having a back-up PC, but that still doesn’t eliminate the sour taste in my mouth

What? No. Of course it is not your fault. You can’t be blamed for not having another system. Despite some evidence in contrary, Linux is still not just for the rich. And what kind of operating system would this be if you needed two machines to install one? I hope you haven’t learned that from anybody. If you did, strike out that person immediately from your list of people to look for advice.

It was instead the Manjaro installer fault. Plain and simple. Especially because the same hardware was detectable from other distributions, like it was the case with Antergos. However, saying that it was Manjaro fault does not mean that one can’t understand and appreciate all the complexity that goes into hardware detection and automated installers. You can bet there will be also opposite cases of people who had trouble installing Antergos – and whose Manjaro experience went much smoother. What it all means is that hardware detection is a complex business as are automated installers like Manjaro and Antergos’, that facilitate the installation of a highly developed and complex operating system such as Linux. For which reason one can expect the boat will sometimes sail through rough oceans. It’s just the way it is.

I know that’s my fault for not having a back-up PC,

I would echo @Krugar’s statement here. I know I certainly don’t have a backup PC, and I break the one I have (not literally, just software and kernel issues) all the time. I just can’t afford another one, and I’m certainly using Linux:grinning:. Linux is for everyone after all…

And with that, I wish you the best of luck in the future, and pray that you won’t ever have to go through that experience again.

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

• @Keegan @Krugar @piotr @karasu @fernandomaroto Thank you for your comments! But I think that for now, I’ll just stick to what I have for now unless they’re made available in the themes section :)

• Note that you can use VirtualBox to simulate another machine…

But I think that for now, I’ll just stick to what I have for now unless they’re made available in the themes section

I also migrated here from Manjaro, and initially missed the design I’d got used to. Soon I realized that the only thing I really didn’t like were the square Numix icons. It took minutes to locate the numix-icon-theme-circle package, and I’m 100% happy with what my desktop looks like. :D

Could you please check out my game?

• They’re using the Menda theme and it’s available in the AUR. About the icons I’m not 100% sure, but i thought it was the nitrux icon and the compass icons they use.

Thinkpad E570 Intel core i5 (Kaby lake)
    8 GB RAM
    256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD
    Intel HD Graphics

icons26 theme31 manjaro10 Posts 12Views 603