• No video in Skype with Logitech STX USB camera

I installed the ‘Skype for Linux Beta’ v8.8.76.61628 from the repo and while the audio works just fine, I don’t get any video. When using Guvcview, video works perfectly. I think it’s something with Skype but have no idea.

lsusb shows:

us 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
    Bus 001 Device 005: ID 22d4:130c
    Bus 001 Device 010: ID 04b3:3025 IBM Corp. NetVista Full Width Keyboard
    Bus 001 Device 006: ID 13d3:3393 IMC Networks
    Bus 001 Device 011: ID 046d:08ad Logitech, Inc. QuickCam Communicate STX
    Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Any ideas?

• skype is using its own drivers for videodevices… so take a look there if your one is supported…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad Being a newbie, I have no idea how to do that. :(

But, if it turns at my old STX isn’t listed, I’m guessing I’m SOL?

• @RoadHazard which package do you install exactly? (we get different versions) I just try and all my webcams do not work with it at all (skypeforlinux-bin) … to me it looks like that there is no working skype for linux with support vor video calls at the moment…

[updates once a week] = [90% less problems]
    [Li{u}n//u//{i}x] since 1988 - overcoming failure means success
    howto-install-antergos
    how to add system logs
    i3 GNOME

• @joekamprad said in No video in Skype with Logitech STX USB camera:

to me it looks like that there is no working skype for linux with support vor video calls at the moment…

Yes. Sadly, while Microsoft has been puting on the guise of embracing opensource, it also simultaneously ended it’s Linux versions of Skype. No Linux versions will be coming out in the future:disappointed:. However, there is a package that utilizes their online version of Skype but integrates it seamlessly with your desktop (including tray notifications, traditional desktop setup, etc) called ghetto-skype in the AUR. It works seamlessly, including sound as it is really just a glorified and heavily tweaked browser window. If youtube works for you, then this version of Skype should too:grinning:.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Keep trying, never give up. In the end, you will find that it was all worth it

Community ISO: https://antergoscommunityeditions.wordpress.com
    Linux Basics: https://linuxbasicssite.wordpress.com

logitech5 skype6 video22 stx1 Posts 5Views 84