• \[Solved\] Can't boot into the Live Environment

Looking for some suggestions to try getting the newer images to boot (using the 5/26 64bit ISO atm), creating the USB with a non-DD program no longer works for me, as it’s unable to mount it after the boot options despite having the correct label fixed. However, using DD does give me some result now, it takes me to the boot options screen with the timer, but just letting it go through with the first option causes the machine to restart, resulting in it looping between the timed boot screen and it rebooting.

Tried disabling the “quiet” parameter to see if it was getting anywhere at all, but it didn’t help.

Been having this issue for a few months now (minus DD giving me something, that’s a nice surprise), previously I used the first 32bit/64bit multiboot ISO that had been posted in one of the topics to reinstall Antergos on my machine, as everything prior would no longer update Cnchi properly from Github and that was the only ISO that would boot for me that could update Cnchi. I don’t really want to use anything that old now, though (2-3+ months).

As always, UEFI system, generic Toshiba Laptop, other distros and 3 or 4 Antergos installations have been made prior on the machine.

• Looking for some suggestions to try getting the newer images to boot (using the 5/26 64bit ISO atm), creating the USB with a non-DD program no longer works for me, as it’s unable to mount it after the boot options despite having the correct label fixed. However, using DD does give me some result now, it takes me to the boot options screen with the timer, but just letting it go through with the first option causes the machine to restart, resulting in it looping between the timed boot screen and it rebooting.

Tried disabling the “quiet” parameter to see if it was getting anywhere at all, but it didn’t help.

Been having this issue for a few months now (minus DD giving me something, that’s a nice surprise), previously I used the first 32bit/64bit multiboot ISO that had been posted in one of the topics to reinstall Antergos on my machine, as everything prior would no longer update Cnchi properly from Github and that was the only ISO that would boot for me that could update Cnchi. I don’t really want to use anything that old now, though (2-3+ months).

As always, UEFI system, generic Toshiba Laptop, other distros and 3 or 4 Antergos installations have been made prior on the machine.

• Managed to get it to boot all the way into the Live Environment thanks to the program suggested by HeavensRevenge @ [url:18xit5f8]https://github.com/Antergos/Cnchi/issues/182#issuecomment-41333744[/url:18xit5f8].

With DD not fully working, the other programs (about 3 on Linux, 2 on Windows) I had tried that worked prior to a few months ago give me a mounting error saying FAT was the incorrect type, and a missing Locale.

Still, glad I found something that worked. Marking as solved, but open to trying suggestions for getting DD to work for me with Antergos.

That out of the way; a few notes about this install. In the Live Environment, I couldn’t get WiFi enabled; the password prompt never came up, so it couldn’t connect. I was however able to do an installation with all the bells and whistles finally, encryption with LVM/LUKS and all that. Also, the new theme and icons are great. Pretty happy with it, booting issues aside.

Posts 3Views 1255